HBM 2010 : Human Brain Mapping
Call For Papers
Abstract submission for the 16th Annual Meeting of the Organization for Human Brain Mapping to be held in Barcelona, Spain, June 6-10, 2010 is now open. Please note that the deadline has been extended to January 29th, 2010 at 11:59 PM EST USA.
Though you are not required to register for the meeting prior to submitting an abstract, the presenter of the abstract must register for the meeting.
The Program Committee (PC) of the Organization for Human Brain Mapping expects to have high quality talks and posters presented at the Barcelona conference. Abstract acceptance and assignment of category (talk or poster) will be based on scientific content. Abstracts that are unethical, incomplete, or contain insufficient data will be rejected. Thank you for assisting us in increasing the quality of the OHBM Annual Meeting.
We look forward to welcoming you to the 2010 OHBM Annual Meeting and seeing you in Barcelona!
There is a $35 USD fee required to submit an abstract. The OHBM cannot honor requests for abstract submission fee refunds received after the abstract submission deadline of January 22, 2010. Abstract submission fees are required for abstract presentation consideration and will not be refunded if your abstract is not accepted for presentation during the Annual Meeting.
1. The PC expects posters to be at a level that will provide a positive viewing experience for the attendees. When submitting abstracts for the 2010 OHBM Annual Meeting, please consider whether multiple abstracts are truly necessary or if the data you are presenting could be accomplished via submission of one abstract.
2. Enter your abstract, as you would like it to appear in the publications. Please refrain from using all caps, unless absolutely necessary (e.g., for acronyms such as PET or PRESTO, etc.).
3. Abstracts should be formatted to include the following:
· Title - 100 character limit
· Introduction - 1000 character limit
· Methods - 2000 character limit
· Results - 2000 character limit
· Conclusions - 1000 character limit
· Figures (optional)
*Character limits include spaces.
4. A maximum of 10 references can be entered per abstract submission. Please keep in mind that the 2010 OHBM Annual Meeting has adopted the Harvard (author-date) style of citing references. An example of a correct citation can also be found below:
Annas, G.J. (1997a), 'New drugs for acute respiratory distress syndrome', New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 337, no. 6, pp. 435-439.
5. Guidelines for including figures in your abstract:
· Up to 4 figures can be uploaded
· Figure files should be no more that 10mb in size.
· Each figure should be 200 dots per inch (dpi) and no larger than 10cm x 10cm.
· Be sure to remove all layers or "flatten" image before uploading. This is especially important for Photoshop files.