FLTAL 2017 : 7th International Conference on Foreign Language Teaching and Applied Linguistics
Call For Papers
7th International Conference on Foreign Language Teaching and Applied Linguistics
organized by International Burch University (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
7th FLTAL Conference
Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Language Studies
Sarajevo, May 11-13, 2017
CALL FOR PAPERS
The Department of English Language and Literature at International Burch University is pleased to announce that the 7th International Conference on Foreign Language Teaching and Applied Linguistics: Interdisciplinary Perspective on Language Studies is going to be held in Sarajevo (BiH) in May 2017. We kindly invite you to submit papers that investigate foreign language teaching and learning in the following fields:
- General Linguistics (phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics, pragmatics)
- Applied linguistics (bilingualism, language assessment, language pedagogy, second language acquisition, discourse analysis etc.)
- Language Teaching (English for Specific Purposes, TESOL, TEFL etc.)
- Literature (Literary History, Literary Crticism, Approaches to Literature, Poetry, Literary Genres etc.)
The official language of the conference is English. The presentations and papers can be submitted in English, Bosnian/Serbian/Croatian and Turkish.
For 2017 we have assembled a lineup of five prominent professors, who come from some of the highest-ranking universities in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand and Bosnia and Herzegovina.
You can find their names and affiliations in the following list:
1. Jeannette Littlemore – UK - University of Birmingham
2. Robert M. De Keyser – USA - University of Maryland
3. Cynthia White – New Zealand - Massey University
4. Vijay Bhatia – Australia - Macquarie University
5. Shahab Yar Khan – Bosnia and Herzegovina – University of Sarajevo
SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS
Please send an abstract of up to 300 words to email@example.com. The abstract form can be found in the attachment of this e-mail. When you email your abstract form, please include FLTAL 2017 Conference Abstract in the Subject Line of your email. Moreover, you can apply online on our website https://fltal.ibu.edu.ba/.
Due date for the submission of abstracts: 1st of March, 2017.
* Abstracts have to be written in the English language.
* The selected papers will be published in the conference proceedings.
*Full paper submission deadline: June 10, 2017
Regular 120 Euro
BiH (Bosnia and Herzegovina) participants 60 KM (30 Euro)
Accompanying Person Fee 50 Euro
Early-bird registration (Deadline: 1st April 2017)
Regular 100 Euro
BiH participants 50 KM (25 Euro)
The full registration fee for the registered participant includes:
• Admission to all sessions
• Lunch (May 11, 12, 13, 2017)
• Conference Farewell Banquet and Dinner (May 13, 2017)
• Live concert ticket (May 14, 2017)
• Refreshments during the breaks
• Conference program
• Conference bag
• Certificate of attendance
• Book of Abstracts
March 1, 2017 – Deadline for the submission of abstracts
May 11, 2017 – Beginning of the registration, opening ceremony
May 13, 2017 – Closing ceremony, live concert
May 14, 2017 – Tour around Bosnia
June 10, 2017 – Paper submission deadline
You can receive all the information about accommodation from our website www.fltal.ibu.edu.ba
Assist. Prof. Dr. Amna Brdarević-Čeljo, International Burch University, BiH
Assist. Prof. Dr. Murat Oner, International Burch University, BiH
Senior Teach. Assist. Ceylani Akay, International Burch University, BiH
To contact the chairpersons please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
International Burch University
Francuske revolucije bb 71210 Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Phone numbers: +387 33 944 445, +387 33 944 487, +387 33 944 428, +387 33 944 471;