MindCare 2016 : 6th EAI International Symposium on Pervasive Computing Paradigms for Mental Health
Call For Papers
MindCare 2016 will continue the tradition of being a place where technological, psychiatric and psychological disciplines meet. It hosts top researchers and practitioners focused on exploiting technological advancements to maintain and/or improve mental health.
Technology is allowing the acquisition of unprecedented information related to individuals’ mental wellbeing as well as the provision of novel methods of treatment. The MindCare Community leverages the opportunities offered by the technological advancements to provide an improved diagnosis, a better support to both healthy subjects and patients, but also to extend the theoretical knowledge.
In this regard, we are soliciting high-quality papers in the following topics (but not limited to):
Sensing and data processing
- Wearable computing
- Smart environments
- Biomedical devices
- Speech Analysis
- Big data for individual / public health
- Computational Psychometrics
- Combined sensing systems and infrastructures
- Computer-enhanced self reporting
- Machine learning and data mining methods
- Novel interfaces
- Usability studies
- Augmented reality
- Virtual reality approaches
- Mental wellbeing support
- Stress / Emotional response analysis
- Affective computing
- Serious games for mental health
- Cognitive stimulation
- Life-logging methods
- Monitoring activities relevant to mental health
- Psychological treatments of mental disorders
- Systems to support patients and / or caregivers
- Using technology to improve the understanding of cognitive processes
- Tools for Neuropsychological Assessment and Rehabilitation
- Mental health promotion and disorders prevention
Authors are invited to submit papers in the following categories: regular papers up to 10 pages, short papers up to 6 pages and poster papers up to 3 pages. The papers should be formatted according to the Springer Author Guidelines.
The submissions should be made through the Easychair electronic system: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=mindcare2016. All the submissions will be reviewed anonymously by at least three expert reviewers. Papers will be judged on originality, correctness, clarity and relevance. Submitted papers must be original work, and may not be under consideration for another conference or journal.
The accepted papers will be published by Springer and they will appear in the SpringerLink - one of the largest digital online libraries that covers a myriad of scientific disciplines. In addition, the proceedings are submitted for inclusion to the leading indexing services: DBLP, Google Scholar, Thomson Scientific ISI Proceedings, EI Elsevier Engineering Index, CrossRef, Scopus, as well as ICST's own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
Selected papers will be given a possibility to be extended for a journal