IACQA 2012 : The International Arab Conference on Quality Assurance in Higher Education
Call For Papers
The International Arab Conference on Quality
Assurance in Higher Education
Gulf University, Bahrain
April 4th-5th, 2012
CALL FOR PAPERS
The International Arab Conference on Quality Assurance in Higher Education (IACQA'2012) is a forum for scientists, researchers, and experts to present their latest research, results, ideas, developments, and applications in all areas of quality assurance in higher education. It is held periodically in the Arab homeland.
This conference is considered the official scientific conference for the Association of Arab Universities in the field of quality assurance in higher education. Zarqa University in Jordan has been selected to be the permanent residence for its General Secretariat.
IACQA'2012 will be organized by Gulf University, Bahrain, April 4th-5th, 2012. Bahrain is a country located in the heart of the Arab Gulf country east of Saudi Arabia and Qatar in the north-south-west Asia, Bahrain is an archipelago of islands consists of 33 islands the largest one is Bahrain island. it is linked with the island of Muharraq, which is located where the Bahrain International Airport. There are also many small islands are inhabited mostly known as a habitat for various bird species that cross Bahrain in the migration route during the spring and autumn.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
A- Quality Assurance in Higher Education
• Quality Assurance Standards.
• Academic Programs Quality Assurance.
• Academic Institutions Quality Assurance.
• Scientific Research Quality Assurance.
• Remote Learning Quality Assurance.
• e-Learning Quality Assurance.
• Arab and International Experience in QA.
B- TQM in Higher Education
• Strategic Planning.
• TQM systems.
• The Role of Quality Assurance Units.
• Internal and External Evaluation.
• Arab and International Experience in TQM.
C- Academic Institutions and Programs Licensing
• Academic Licensing Standards.
• Academic Programs Licensing.
• Academic Institutions Licensing.
• Arab and International Experience in Licensing.
D- Quality Awards and Certificates
• International Awards.
• Arab Awards.
• Local Awards.
E- Classification and ranking for Universities.
SUBMISSION OF PAPERS
Researchers interested in attending this conference may submit their papers in English or Arabic. The maximum number of pages should be 15, with double–spaced lines, including all diagrams, illustrations, tables and the list of references. The first page of the paper should include the title of the research, the name of the authors, the institution or university, P.O address, telephone and fax numbers as well as the e-mail address of the authors. The paper should begin with an abstract of the research, followed by the keywords, then the rest of the paper, starting with an introduction and ending with a conclusion section. All papers should be typed in MS Word 2003 and addressed to the conference program chair email address at email@example.com. Papers also may be uploaded via the electronic conferences management system that can be accessed via the conference web site at www.iacqa.org/openconf. All papers shall be peer reviewed by specialists in the field. The evaluation of submitted papers is based on the importance and usefulness of the research topic. Technical merits, novelty of the approach, soundness of results, and clarity of presentation are also considered as factors of the evaluation process. Each article will be fully refereed by a minimum of two specialized referees. Accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings, while the distinguished ones will be published in a special issue of the Arab Journal for Quality Assurance in Higher Education. Any question regarding submission or the reviewing process should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. A final preparation format will be available in the conference web site. Before final acceptance, all reviewers' comments must be considered and the paper must be formatted according to the conference camera-ready instructions that will be provided in the conference web site. Only accepted papers for authors, who complete registration, will be published in the conference proceedings.
The conference will include the following:
• Seminars for the presentation and discussion of accepted papers.
• Keynote speeches by distinguished scholars and experts.
• A panel session related to the conference theme.
• Specialized training workshops, one day before the conference.
• An award for the best research paper as well as the best paper presented by students.
• Publishing distinguished papers in a specialized scientific/academic refereed journal.
• A tourist tour in Bahrain, a day after the conference.
Submission Deadline: December 29,2011
Notification of acceptance: January 31, 2012
Camera-ready submission: February 28, 2012
Registration: February 28, 2012
Work shops: April 3, 2012
Conference period: April 4-5, 2012
Tourist trip: April 6, 2012
• $ 250 for participants from outside Bahrain.
• $ 200 for participants from inside Bahrain.
• $ 200 for attending the workshop.
• $ 300 for attending the conference.
Registration Fees Cover:
1. Conference Proceedings and accessories.
4. Tour on Friday, April 6th, 2012
• Dr. Mona Al Zayani, Gulf University, Bahrain
Program Committee Members
• Dr. Nidal Al_ Ramahi, Zarqa University, Jordan
• Dr. Ammar Alsammarraee, Gulf University, Bahrain
• Prof. Jamal Al_dlemy, Gulf University, Bahrain
• Prof. Farhan Al_aany , Gulf University, Bahrain
• Dr. Ahlam Al_Ithawi , Gulf University, Bahrain
• Dr. Muawiya al-Ani , Gulf University, Bahrain
• Dr. Ahmed Al_Tualbh, Gulf University, Bahrain
• Dr. Elsayed AbouKhatwa, Gulf University, Bahrain
• Dr. Abdul Sattar Al-Azzawi, Gulf University, Bahrain
• Dr. Ismail Yameen, Zarqa University, Jordan
• Dr. Maram Al_Safarini, Zarqa University, Jordan
• Marwa saed ali, Gulf University, Bahrain
1- Gulf University Direct all correspondence to:
Dr. Ammar Al_Sammarraee
2- General Secretariat, Zarqa University Direct all correspondence to:
Dr. Nidal Al_Ramahy
P.O. Box 132222, Zarqa 13132,
For additional information, visit our web site:
|ICERI 2013 ICERI2013 (6th International Conference of Education, Research and Innovation)|
|QASBA 2013 2nd International Workshop on Quality Assurance for Service-based Applications|
|CIMQUSEF 2013 CIMQUSEF'2013: 10th international conference of quality management in education and training systems|
|GfH 2013 8. Jahrestagung der Gesellschaft für Hochschulforschung|
|ICEEE 2013 The Second International Conference on E- Learning and E- Technologies in Education|
|QSIC 2013 The 13th International Conference on Quality Software 2013|