OSVS 2024 : Operating Systems and Virtualization Security
Call For Papers
The OSVS Workshop invites submissions from researchers and practitioners in the field of Operating Systems and Virtualization Security (OSVS). Operating as key enablers for contemporary computation and communication paradigms, OS and VT play a critical role in shaping the cybersecurity landscape.
Topics of Interest:
The OSVS Workshop welcomes submissions on a wide range of topics related to Operating Systems and Virtualization Security. We encourage original research papers that explore, but are not limited to, the following areas:
Advanced Automated Security Services:
- Development and implementation of novel security services leveraging advancements in -Operating Systems and Virtualization Technologies.
- Integration of artificial intelligence, machine learning, and automation to enhance security measures.
- Exploration of self-defending systems and proactive threat mitigation strategies.
Innovative Methodologies for Security Assessment and Assurance:
- Novel approaches for assessing the security posture of operating systems and virtualized environments.
- Metrics and frameworks for evaluating the effectiveness of security mechanisms.
- Techniques for continuous security monitoring, threat detection, and incident response.
Secure-by-Design Development and Verification:
- Integration of security principles in the design and development phases of cloud, edge, and 5G applications.
- Formal methods and verification techniques for ensuring the security of operating systems and virtualized infrastructures.
- Case studies and best practices in achieving secure-by-design principles in real-world applications.
Threat Modeling and Risk Assessment:
- Techniques for identifying and modeling security threats specific to operating systems and virtualization technologies.
- Risk assessment methodologies to quantify and prioritize potential security risks.
- Case studies and real-world examples of threat modeling in diverse computing environments.
Cybersecurity in Cloud, Edge, and 5G Environments:
- Security challenges and solutions specific to cloud computing, edge computing, and 5G/6G networks.
- Securing the virtualized infrastructure in edge computing scenarios.
- Ensuring the security and resilience of 5G/6G applications in dynamic and distributed environments.
Cyber range systems:
- Use of cyber ranges for case studies and training/testing methods relevant to the above topics
Authors are encouraged to contribute research that addresses these topics and pushes the boundaries of knowledge in Operating Systems and Virtualization Security. Papers reporting industry experiences and case studies will also be encouraged.