B4TDS 2023 : 3rd International Workshop on Blockchain for Trusted Data Sharing, B4TDS @ BIR 2023
Call For Papers
**** B4TDS 2023 (Associated with BIR 2023) *****************
3rd International Workshop on Blockchain for Trusted Data Sharing
Ascoli Piceno, September 15, 2023
- Paper Submission: July 11, 2023
- Notification of Acceptance: August 11, 2023
- Camera Ready Submission: August 21, 2023
- Workshop Date: September 15, 2023
In the last few years, many software systems are moving towards blockchain technologies since they bring many advantages in different sectors. Thanks to smart contracts, data can be manipulated and accessed by users similar to databases with enhanced trust capabilities. This opportunity, combined with the blockchain potentialities, such as the integrity and the immutability of data, guarantees trusted evidence of the information stored and exchanged in the blockchain without relying on a central authority. This makes the blockchain the ideal technology for auditing, verification and sharing purposes, significantly changing how to design and implement next-generation distributed applications.
Recently, both academia and industry show an increasing interest in blockchain, looking for innovative blockchain-based technical solutions enabling data sharing in a trusted and decentralized way. The scientific results of the workshop have the ambition to change the way to organize, store, retrieve and share data. This is towards strengthening the decentralized access to data for any businesses, organizations, or participants in world-wide distributed networks. Thus, reflecting also in the development of business information systems in which decentralization and data sharing are key challenges.
From the technical perspective, the workshop can break the technological barriers to data management on blockchain technology, proposing novel approaches and solutions.
Conceptual, technical, application-oriented and case-study contributions are welcomed within the themes of this workshop.
Included (but are not limited to) both theoretical and practical solutions for what follows:
- Blockchain data management
- Blockchain data sharing
- Blockchain data provenance
- Processing blockchain data
- Data privacy on blockchain
- Blockchain-based authentication and access control
- Data protection frameworks
- Layer-two solutions for data management
- Off-chain data management solutions
- Oracles for trusted data sharing
- Data structure and optimization in smart contracts
- Blockchain hybrid architectures
- Cross-chain data integration
- Data analytics techniques on blockchain
- Query languages on blockchain
- Data management in blockchain-based business processes
- Data auditing and monitoring on blockchain
- Data and process mining on blockchain
- Model-based engineering for blockchain
- Data visualization on blockchain
- Case studies on blockchain
Accepted papers will be published in joint CEUR-WS proceedings.
Papers must be original, unpublished and submitted electronically in PDF format no later than July 11, 2023. All submissions will be handled through the EasyChair conference management system, accessible at the following link:
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=bir20230 Please remember to select the track "Workshop on Blockchain for Trusted Data Sharing".
Authors must use the CEUR-ART style for writing papers to be published with CEUR-WS.
The uniform style for the proceedings is 1-column. The CEUR-ART styles can be found in the https://ceur-ws.org/Vol-XXX/CEURART.zip file.
- Full papers (10-12 pages long, including references) should present technical contributions, case studies or detailed experience reports.
- Short papers (6-9 pages long) advocating preliminary results or work-in-progress are encouraged as well.
- Alessandro Marcelletti, University of Camerino, Italy
- Felix Härer, University of Fribourg, Switzerland
This workshop has been partially supported by the SNF Project No. 196889 Domain-Specific Conceptual Modeling for Distributed Ledger Technologies.