IEEESM 2023 : IEEE International Conference on Smart Mobility 2023 (IEEESM 2023)
Call For Papers
IEEE International Conference on Smart Mobility 2023
A Sustainable Future Starts with Smart Mobility
March, 19-21, 2023 | King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST)
Dear Respected Author(s),
It is a pleasure to invite you to submit your papers for the IEEE International Conference on Smart Mobility 2023 (IEEESM 2023) that will be held on 19 – 21 March 2023 at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Under this year’s theme “A Sustainable Future Starts with Smart Mobility”, IEEE International Conference on Smart Mobility is designated for reporting recent research, development and deployment results in smart mobility systems and services, their challenging problems and their potential applications. IEEESM is where academics, technologists, OEMs, mobility service providers, city planners and policy makers can network, learn and collaborate with each other. The program of the conference features keynote and invited speeches from top thought-leaders and pioneers in the area of smart mobility, panel discussions, fully refereed papers, workshops, tutorials, industry sessions, Women in Mobility (WiM) Symposium and Triple Helix Exhibition.
The Smart Mobility Triad:
Smart mobility is one of the main pillars that characterizes smart cities and maintains their sustainability as a way to deal with continuously growing world urbanization and its expected impacts on public health, congestion and accelerated global climate change.
The widespread deployment and the societal acceptance of smart mobility technologies will depend not only on the maturity of the technology but also on the availability of a well-developed governance framework and the proper city planning to accommodate these evolving technologies.
This means that smart mobility depends on a triad of complementary factors such as Technology, City Planning, and Governance.
The International Conference on Smart Mobility 2023 is organized into three tracks representing the smart mobility triad; technology, city planning and governance, with a list of areas in each track.
Authors shall choose a primary and an alternative area when submitting their papers. Other research areas that fall within the three tracks are also welcomed.
Track 1: Smart Mobility Technologies
• Automated Mobility
• Connected Mobility
• Active, Soft or Zero-impact Mobility
• Inclusive Mobility
• Disruptive Mobility Platforms
• Shared Mobility
• E-Mobility On Demand (MOD)
• Mobility as a Service (MaaS)
• Seamless Integrated Mobility Systems (SIMS)
• Vehicle-as-a-Service (VaaS)
• Location Intelligence
• Blockchain in Smart Mobility
• AI for Smart Mobility
• Last-mile Delivery
• Gig Economy and Crowdsourcing
• Passenger Economy
Track 2: City Planning for Smart Mobility
• Intelligent Infrastructure
• EV Charging Station Infrastructure
• Vehicle to Grid (V2G)
• Vehicle to Infrastructure (V2X) Connectivity
• Transport Corridors
• Emergency Safe Spots and Safe Harbors
• Micro-mobility Stations
• Micro-mobility Highways/freeways
• Digital Road Signage
• Smart Parcel Lockers for Last-mile Delivery
• Smart Parking
• Planning for eVTOLs
• Autonomous Urbanism
• Sustainable Urban Mobility Planning
• Smart Mobility within Smart Cities
• Smart Mobility and Sustainable Development
Track 3: Smart Mobility Governance
• Open Data Policies
• Safety Verification and Validation
• Cybersecurity Regulation
• Privacy and Digital Rights
• ICE Vehicle Phase-Out Plans
• Electric Vehicle Government Incentive Programs
• Autonomous Driving Legislative Frameworks
• Aviation Regulations for Urban Air Mobility (UAM)
• Maritime Laws and Regulations for Autonomous Ships
• Legislations to Support Cross- border Mobility
• Roadmaps for Smart Mobility
• Smart Mobility in the Post-pandemic World
Technical Paper/Workshop Proposals Submission: Nov 15, 2022
Notification of Acceptance: Jan 16, 2023
Camera-ready Paper Submission: Feb 13, 2023
Conference Dates: Mar 19-23, 2023
Paper Preparation and Submission
1. Paper Preparation:
The technical tracks shall accept regular papers of 6 pages maximum (2 additional pages allowed but at an extra charge in the final submission), 10pt font double column in IEEE format.
Authors must present novel perspectives within the general scope of the conference.
2. Paper Submission:
The IEEESM 2023 uses EDAS for submission. Authors need to:
Create an account (if not already registered) with EDAS at https://edas.info/
Submission link: https://edas.info/N30148
General Queries: email@example.com
We will be looking forward to receiving your submissions,
Kindly promote the IEEESM 2023 to interested individuals and communities in your vicinity.
Best regards, and looking forward to seeing you at the IEEESM 2023 in March!
IEEESM 2023 Team