SIMPAT SI: Blockchain-AI-IoT 2022 : SIMPAT (IF: 3.272) Elsevier - Special Issue on Leveraging blockchain and AI for IoT, mist, fog and cloud computing: a performance modeling and simulation perspective
Call For Papers
CALL FOR PAPERS - DEADLINE EXTENDED
SIMULATION MODELLING PRACTICE AND THEORY (IF: 3.272) - Elsevier
SPECIAL ISSUE ON:
"Leveraging blockchain and AI for IoT, mist, fog and cloud computing: a performance modeling and simulation perspective"
In recent years, we have been witnessing a digital revolution in many aspects of our society, from education, healthcare and finance, to manufacturing, transportation and electronic entertainment. In addition to the emergence of the Internet of Things (IoT) and the paradigms that arose with it – such as mist and fog computing, which complement cloud computing – two other disrupting technologies that are spearheading this digital transformation are blockchain and artificial intelligence (AI). Blockchain is a distributed, shared, immutable ledger that facilitates the process of recording transactions and tracking tangible and intangible assets, as well as the automated execution of code when certain predetermined rules are met (in the form of smart contracts), providing security, ease of use, transparency and trust amongst the participating entities. On the other hand, AI through machine learning and deep learning algorithms trained on vast volumes of data, has made possible the real-time classification and prediction of complex information, leading to improved decision making and the automation of computationally intensive tasks.
The scope of this Special Issue is to present state-of-the-art research related to the convergence of blockchain and AI with IoT, mist, fog and cloud computing, particularly from the performance modeling and simulation perspective.
Papers for the Special Issue must provide a substantial novel contribution and authors must carefully position their work with regard to the relevant scientific literature. They must clearly address research issues related to blockchain and AI for IoT, mist, fog and cloud computing and showcase the role of modeling and simulation in this area.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Novel applications of blockchain and AI in IoT, mist, fog and cloud environments.
- Blockchain-based security, privacy and trust for IoT.
- AI-driven big data and stream processing in multi-tier environments.
- Resource allocation and scheduling in mist, fog and cloud computing platforms utilizing blockchain and AI.
- AI-based consensus mechanisms for blockchain and distributed ledger technologies.
- AI models for blockchain smart contracts.
- Use cases of decentralized applications (dApps) and smart contracts in IoT, mist and fog environments.
- Scalability and energy management of blockchain multi-tier frameworks.
Manuscripts should be submitted online through the Editorial Manager (EM) submission system at the following link:
Authors must select:
when they reach the "Article Type" step in the online submission process. Submitted manuscripts should present original contributions and must not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. All papers will be peer reviewed according to the high standards of the Simulation Modelling Practice and Theory Elsevier journal.
Please feel free to contact the Guest Editors for any questions.
IMPORTANT DATES (EXTENDED):
- Submission deadline: 31 May 2022
- Notification of first round of review: 15 July 2022
- Revised manuscript due: 31 August 2022
- Notification of second round of review: 15 October 2022
- Final version due: 15 November 2022
SPECIAL ISSUE EDITORS:
Dr. Helen Karatza
Dr. Georgios Stavrinides
Department of Informatics
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
54124 Thessaloniki, Greece