IHCI 2011 : IADIS International Conference Interfaces and Human Computer Interaction 2011
Call For Papers
Apologies for cross-postings. Please send to interested colleagues and students
-- CALL FOR PAPERS - Deadline for submissions (2nd call): 29 April 2011 --
IADIS INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE INTERFACES AND HUMAN COMPUTER INTERACTION 2011
Rome, Italy, 24- 26 July 2011
part of the IADIS Multi Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems (MCCSIS 2011)
Rome, Italy, 20 – 26 July 2011
* Keynote Speaker
Professor Andreas Holzinger, Head of Research Unit Human-Computer Interaction, Institute of Medical Informatics, Medical University Graz, Austria
* Conference background and goals
The IADIS Interfaces and Human Computer Interaction (IHCI) 2011 conference aims to address the main issues of
concern within Interface Culture and Design with a particular emphasis on the affective
aspects of design, development and implementation of interfaces and the generational implications for
design of human and technology interaction. This conference aims to explore and discuss innovative
studies of technology and its application in interfaces and welcomes research in progress, case studies,
practical demonstrations and workshops in addition to the traditional submission categories.
* Format of the Conference
The conference will comprise of invited talks and oral presentations.
The proceedings of the conference will be published in the form of a book and CD-ROM with ISBN, and will be available also in the IADIS Digital Library (accessible on-line).
The conference proceedings will be submitted for indexing to INSPEC, EI Compendex, Thomson ISI, ISTP and other indexing services.
* Best Papers
Selected authors of best papers will be invited to submit extended versions of their papers to selected journals (i.e. IADIS International Journal on Computer Science and Information Systems - ISSN: 1646-3692) including journals from INDERSCIENCE Publishers.
* Types of submissions
Full papers, Short Papers, Reflection Papers, Posters/Demonstrations, Tutorials, Panels and Doctoral Consortium.
All submissions are subject to a blind refereeing process.
* Topics related to Interfaces and Human Computer Interaction are of interest. These include, but are not limited to the following areas:
- Affective User-centred analysis, design and evaluation
- The value of Affective Interfaces/ Systems/Application/ Interaction
- Generational differences and technology design
- Measurement of success of emotional technology/interfaces
- Supporting user populations from difference generations
- Supporting user populations with Physical Disabilities
- Supporting user populations with Intellectual Disabilities
- Creativity Support Systems
- Emotional Design issues/methods/experiences for novel interfaces including tangible, mobile and ubiquitous computing, mixed reality
interfaces and multi-modal interfaces
- User studies and fieldwork
- Methodological implications of emotional user studies.
- Participatory design and cooperative design techniques
- Ethical issues in emotional design
- HCI education and design education
- Eliciting User Requirements
* Important Dates:
- Submission Deadline (2nd call): 29 April 2011
- Notification to Authors (2nd call): 30 May 2011
- Final Camera-Ready Submission and Early Registration (2nd call): Until 20 June 2011
- Late Registration (2nd call): After 20 June 2011
- Conference: Rome, Italy, 24 - 26 July 2011
* Conference Location
The conference will be held in Rome, Italy
IADIS Secretariat - IADIS INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE INTERFACES AND HUMAN COMPUTER INTERACTION 2011
Rua Sao Sebastiao da Pedreira, 100, 3
1050-209 Lisbon, Portugal
Web site: http://www.ihci-conf.org/
* Program Committee
Interfaces and Human Computer Interaction 2011 Conference Program Chair
Katherine Blashki, University of Sydney, Australia
MCCSIS 2011 General Conference Co-Chairs
Piet Kommers, University of Twente, The Netherlands
Pedro Isaías, Universidade Aberta (Portuguese Open University), Portugal
Committee Members: *
* for committee list please refer to http://www.ihci-conf.org/committees.asp
* Registered participants in the Interfaces and Human Computer Interaction conference may attend the other conferences part of MCCSIS 2011 free of charge.