blockchain_ml_iot 2021 : Network and Electronics (MDPI) Joint Special Issue - Blockchain and Machine Learning for IoT: Security and Privacy Challenges
Call For Papers
Special Issue "Blockchain and Machine Learning for IoT: Security and Privacy Challenges"
A joint special issue of Network (ISSN aaaa-956X) and Electronics (ISSN 2079-9292).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 December 2021.
Special Issue Editors
- Dr. Michele Mastroianni, Universita degli Studi della Campania Luigi Vanvitelli, Caserta, Italy
- Prof. Dr. Andres Marin , Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, E-28911 Madrid, Spain
The pervasiveness of IoT technologies in a variety of fields is changing our lives. Industry, agriculture, health, and even personal life are experiencing a revolution in the way data are collected, communicated, processed, and stored. In recent years, two other technologies have begun to be used in synergy with IoT: Blockchain, which has changed the way data are stored, and machine learning, which has changed the way data are processed. With these premises in mind, it is desirable for researchers to focus their attention not just on the performance and features of the new systems but also on the new security and privacy issues related to this revolution.
This Special Issue invites researchers to contribute with original contributions, case studies, and reviews that address all new challenges due to the use of IoT in synergy with blockchain systems and/or machine learning techniques.
The topics relevant for this Special Issue include (but are not limited to):
- Security and privacy in blockchain technology for IoT;
- Intelligent systems for fraud detection and forensics in blockchain environments;
- Innovative architectures and protocols for safe blockchain application in IoT;
- Blockchain and trust management;
- Blockchain-based solutions for IoT security;
- Novel machine learning and data science methods for IoT security;
- Generative adversarial networks (GAN) in IoT security;
- Architectures and protocols for scalable, secure, robust, and privacy enhancing IoT;
- Privacy preservation in IoT;
- Vulnerability analysis, threat modeling, and risk assessment in IoT;
- Intrusion detection for IoT;
- Novel security architectures, protocols, or applications for IoT.
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Contact: Dr. Michele Mastroianni firstname.lastname@example.org
For Special Issue details and Info:
Dr. Michele Mastroianni
Prof. Dr. Andres Marin