DTMBIO 2010 : ACM Fourth International Workshop on Data and Text Mining in Biomedical Informatics
Conference Series : Data and Text Mining in Bioinformatics
Call For Papers
Call For Papers
ACM Third International Workshop on Data and Text Mining in Biomedical Informatics (DTMBIO) October 26, 2010
In conjunction with ACM 19th Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM) Toronto, Canada October 26-30, 2010
Biological researchers face the current challenge of making effective use of the enormous amount of electronic biomedical data in order to understand and explain complex biological systems. The biomedical data repositories include multiple forms of data including bibliographic information from electronic medical journals, gene expression data from Microarray experiments, protein identification and quantification data from proteomics experiments, genomic sequences gathered by the Human Genome Project, and patient healthcare records. The ability to automatically and effectively extract, integrate, understand and make use of information embedded in such heterogeneous structured and unstructured data remains a challenging task.
We invite the submission of papers which propose ways to address the variety of aspects involved in meeting this challenge.
Topic of Interest
The relevant topics include the following (but not limited to):
• Proposal and assessment of novel Text Mining solutions
• Information integration for Data and Text Mining
• Information extraction from biomedical literature
• Information retrieval for large distributed data collections
• Gene sequence annotation
• Protein/RNA structure prediction
• Gene expression analysis
• Algorithms for Sequence and structural motifs detection
• Modeling of biochemical pathways and biological networks
• Image mining in Biomedical Informatics
• Mining multiple information sources in Biomedical Informatics
• Workflow modeling and analysis for drug development, system biology, and biomedical working processes
• Knowledge discovery in electronic medical records
• Translational Medicine approaches for combining bioinformatics data with clinical information
Authors are invited to submit original, unpublished research papers that are not being considered for publication in any other forum. Manuscripts should be submitted electronically, in PDF format and formatted using the ACM camera-ready templates.
Submissions must describe substantial, original, completed and unpublished work. Full papers may consist of up to eight pages. Full papers will be presented at the workshop.
DTMBIO 10 solicits short papers as well. Short paper submissions must describe original and unpublished work. Short papers will be presented at the workshop, and will be given four pages in the proceedings.
All papers (in PDF format) should be submitted to: http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=dtmbio10
Selected full papers will be invited for a special issue of BMC Bioinformatics and International Journal of Data Mining and Bioinformatics.
Important Dates (tentative)
07/10/10 Deadline for submission of papers
07/30/10 Notification of Acceptance
08/15/10 Camera Ready Papers
Doheon Lee, KAIST, Korea
Hagit Shatkay, Queen’s University, Canada
Program Chair :
Min Song, NJIT, USA
Shamkant Navathe, Georgia Tech, USA
Publicity Chair :
Manabu Torii, Georgetown University