ICSMM 2020 : International Conference on Systems Modelling and Management (Co-located with STAF 2020)
Call For Papers
Model-based approaches promote the use of models and related artefacts, such as simulation environments and experimental platforms, as central elements to tackle the complexity of building software-intensive systems. With the widespread use for large and diverse settings, the complexity, size, multiplicity, and variety of those artefacts has increased. This leads to challenges in the development and management of these heterogeneous systems, and calls for advanced modelling and model management approaches, along with supporting analytics techniques for the entire lifecycle of such systems. The International Conference on Systems Modelling and Management (ICSMM) aims to gather modelling researchers and practitioners to discuss the emerging problems and propose solutions for large-scale heterogeneous systems modelling and model management.
ICSMM invites contributions from a wide range of technical spaces to promote cross-fertilization: Model-Driven Engineering, Model-Based Systems Engineering, Engineering/System Design and Dynamics, Software/Systems Architecture, Modelling and Simulation, Enterprise/Business Process Modelling and so on. Topics of interest (non-exclusive):
- Systems modelling and management for software-intensive systems such as embedded, cyber-physical, medical and automotive systems
- Identification of open research challenges for systems modelling and management
- Empirical/case studies and industrial experiences for systems modelling and management
- Methods, tools, and datasets for systems modelling and management
- Multi-level/-paradigm/-disciplinary modelling, large-scale consistency checking and (co-)evolution management for model-based systems
- Modeling and (co-)simulation for complex heterogeneous systems
- Modelling across different phases of system life cycle
- Model interoperability, synthesis, and linking of heterogeneous modelling artifacts, repositories, and toolchains
- Model repositories and mining for heterogeneous systems
- Data analytics and machine/deep learning for analyzing, adapting and managing model-based systems
- Using models for problem exploration and decision making for the whole system life cycle
- Distributed computing and big data applications for systems modelling and management
- Clone, pattern, aspect mining for systems models
- Visualization of large scale heterogeneous model-based systems
- Variability mining and management of model-based systems, model-driven product lines
- Intelligent techniques for automating modelling tasks
- Building and composing systems model management and analytics workflows, modelling-as-a-service for engineering complex systems
We welcome submissions of the following types:
- Full papers (max. 16 pages without references) presenting mature research results on systems modelling and management.
- Short papers (max. 8 pages without references) corresponding to work in progress or early results.
- Extended abstracts: short manuscripts (max. 4 pages without references) for new ideas, experience reports from practitioners, tools for systems modelling and management, so on. These will be presented in lightning talk sessions.
Publication format and venue:
Although still being negotiated, we plan to publish the conference proceedings in Springer LNCS. Selected full papers will be invited for a special session in the journal Innovations in Systems and Software Engineering.
Submission website: http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icsmm2020
- Önder Babur (Eindhoven University of Technology, NL)
- Joachim Denil (University of Antwerpen, BE)
- Birgit Vogel-Heuser (Technical University of Munich, DE)
- Mark van den Brand (Eindhoven University of Technology, NL)
- Manuel Wimmer (Johannes Kepler University Linz, AT)
- Hans Vangheluwe (University of Antwerpen, BE)
- Moharram Challenger (University of Antwerpen, BE)
- Weslley Torres (Eindhoven University of Technology, NL)