CELDA 2010 : IADIS International Conference Cognition and Exploratory Learning in Digital Age
Conference Series : Cognition and Exploratory Learning in Digital Age
Call For Papers
Deadline for submissions: 25 June 2010 (for all contributions)
IADIS International Conference on
Cognition and Exploratory Learning in Digital Age (CELDA 2010)
October 15 - 17, 2010 - Timisoara, Romania
Endorsed by the Japanese Society of Information and Systems in Education
* Conference background and goals
The IADIS CELDA 2010 conference aims to address the main issues concerned with evolving learning processes and supporting pedagogies and applications in the digital age. There have been advances in both cognitive psychology and computing that have affected the educational arena. The convergence of these two disciplines is increasing at a fast pace and affecting academia and professional practice in many ways. Paradigms such as just-in-time learning, constructivism, student-centered learning and collaborative approaches have emerged and are being supported by technological advancements such as simulations, virtual reality and multi-agents systems. These developments have created both opportunities and areas of serious concerns. This conference aims to cover both technological as well as pedagogical issues related to these developments. Main tracks have been identified. However innovative contributions that do not easily fit into these areas will also be considered as long as they are directly related to the
overall theme of the conference – cognition and exploratory learning in the digital age.
* Format of the Conference
The conference will comprise of invited talks and oral presentations for discussion-oriented papers. The proceedings of the conference will be published in the form of a book and CD-ROM.
Authors of the best published papers in the CELDA 2010 proceedings will be invited to publish extended versions of their papers in a special issue of an international journal.
* Types of submissions
Full papers, Short papers, EU Project papers and Reflection papers. All submissions will go through a double-blind refereeing process with at least two international experts.
* Topics of interest include, but are not limited to the following areas:
- Acquisition of expertise
- Assessing progress of learning in complex domains
- Assessment of exploratory learning approaches
- Assessment of exploratory technologies
- Cognition in education
- Collaborative learning
- Educational psychology
- EU projects in education, research and in learning technologies
- Exploratory technologies (such as simulations, VR, i-TV and so on)
- Just-in-time and Learning-on-Demand
- Learner Communities and Peer-Support
- Learning Communities & Web Service Technologies
- Pedagogical Issues Related with Learning Objects
- Learning Paradigms in Academia
- Learning Paradigms in Corporate Sector
- Life-long Learning
- Student-Centered Learning
- Technology and mental models
- Technology, learning and expertise
- Virtual University
* Important Dates:
- Submission Deadline: 25 June 2010
- Notification to Authors: 28 July 2010
- Final Camera-Ready Submission and Early Registration: Until 6 September 2010
- Late Registration: After 6 September 2010
- Conference: Timisoara, Romania, 15 to 17 October 2010
* Conference Location
The conference will be held in Timisoara, Romania.
IADIS Secretariat - IADIS INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE CELDA 2010
Rua Sao Sebastiao da Pedreira, 100, 3
1050-209 Lisbon, Portugal
Web site: http://www.celda-conf.org/
* Program Committee
Pedro Isaías, Universidade Aberta (Portuguese Open University), Portugal
Dirk Ifenthaler, Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg, Germany
Radu Vasiu, "Politehnica" University of Timisoara, Romania
Kinshuk, Athabasca University, Canada
Demetrios G Sampson, University of Piraeus and CERTH, Greece
J. Michael Spector, University of Georgia, USA
Diana Andone, "Politehnica" University of Timisoara, Romania
Committee Members: please see http://www.celda-conf.org/committees.asp for updated list.
* Co-located Conference:
Please also check the co-located events Applied Computing 2010 (http://www.computing-conf.org/) - 14-16 October 2010 and WWW/Internet 2010 (http://www.internet-conf.org/) - 14-17 October 2010.
* Registered participants in the CELDA conference may attend the Applied Computing and WWW/Internet conferences’ sessions free of charge.