MaSPECS 2020 : Modeling and Simulation for Performance Evaluation of Computer-based Systems track of the 34th International ECMS Conference on Modelling and Simulation
Call For Papers
Call for papers
Modeling and Simulation for Performance Evaluation of Computer-based Systems (MaSPECS 2020)
June 9 - 12, 2020, Wildau, Germany
to be held under the framework of The 34nd International ECMS Conference on Modeling and Simulation (ECMS 2020)
SCOPE AND DESCRIPTION
The aim of Modeling and Simulation for Performance Evaluation of Computer-based Systems (MaSPECS) is to continue the mission of its ancestor High Performance Modeling and Simulation (HiPMoS) and present innovative academic and industrial research, methods, and techniques related to all aspects of modeling and simulation that employ high-performance computing technologies or about high performance systems. Contribution can range from concepts and theoretical developments to advanced technologies and innovative applications.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to the following:
- Modelling, simulation, analysis and (generalized) performance evaluation of Large and very large scale distributed and parallel computing systems, Complex computer based systems, Cyberphysical systems, Mobile systems, Real time systems, Dependable systems, Critical systems, Hybrid systems, Information and Telecommunication systems, High performance networks, Intelligent networks, Industrial systems, Big Data applications;
- Queueing systems, stochastic Petri nets, stochastic process algebras, Markov chains, non-Markovian models, fluid models, network calculus;
- Quantitative evaluation techniques related to Performance, Dependability, Security, Survivability, Safety, Real time constraints, Cost, Energy-efficiency and combined aspects like performance-security tradeoffs;
- Statistical methods for the analysis of information systems;
- Theory of Multiformalism and Multiparadigm modeling and applications to Distributed systems, Complex computer based systems, Critical systems, Hybrid systems, Cyberphysical systems;
- Advances and advanced applications in Cloud, Grid and Data Intensive Computing and Data Mining, Social Networks, Security Awareness and Energy Effectiveness in Distributed Data and Information Management, Parallel and Distributed Meta- and Hyper-Heuristics, e-Health large scale systems, Large parallel and distributed multi-agent systems, Intelligent scheduling, Resource allocation and management in P2P, Grid, Cluster, Cloud, Edge computing and Big Data oriented systems, Biologically inspired modeling and simulation;
- Data Science applications to WSN, Computer based systems, Critical systems, Large scale computer based infrastructures, Large scale control and supervision systems.
Mauro Iacono - Università degli Studi della Campania "Luigi Vanvitelli", Italy
Agnieszka Jakóbik - Cracow University of Technology, Poland
Lelio Campanile - Università degli Studi della Campania "Luigi Vanvitelli", Italy
Rostislav Razumchik - Institute of Informatics Problems FRC CSC RAS, Russia
Please refer to the MaSPECS web site http://www.hipmos.unicampania.it and to the ECMS 2020 web site http://www.scs-europe.net/conf/ecms2020/
IMPORTANT DATES, PUBLICATION AND POST CONFERENCE PUBLICATIONS
We will appreciate if perspective authors will help the management of MaSPECS by submitting a declaration of interest in PDF with the title and a short abstract (1 page) of their work on or before February 10, 2020 by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Paper submission deadline: February 24, 2020, following the indications at http://www.scs-europe.net/conf/ecms2020/
Proceedings of MaSPECS 2020 are published within proceedings of ECMS 2020 in a yearly volume of Communications of ECMS and are indexed by SCOPUS, WOS, Inspec, DOI and DBLP.
The authors of the best papers will be invited to submit their work to fast track sections or special issues of journals indexed by SCOPUS and/or WOS.