Robots in Assisted Living 2020 : Call for papers for the Special Issue of MDPI Electronics journal: Robots in Assisted Living
Call For Papers
Call for papers for the Special Issue of MDPI Electronics journal:
Robots in Assisted Living
Deadline August 15, 2020.
The integration of robots in assisted living environments represents an emerging domain and a rapidly expanding multifaceted research area with vast societal and economic impacts. In this context, a wide range of ICT domains ranging from robotics technologies, embedded systems, sensors, wireless sensor communication, cloud computing, machine learning and AI algorithms, security, and many others are key enablers for the future of assisted living environments. This is also emphasized by the clear demographic and epidemiologic transitions mandating a new healthcare paradigm given the growing elderly population and increased prevalence of chronic diseases. However, the wide range of the involved heterogenous technological domains combined with the pressing need for added value services forms a nexus of diverse and maybe orthogonal challenges that is imperative to tackle.
In this framework, the Special Issue “Robots in Assisted Living” aims to serve as vehicle to promote the most recent technical advances in all relevant aspects, including theory, tools, applications, systems, testbeds, and in-the-field deployments. Both theoretical derivations or practical development of robotic systems in assisted living environments and testbeds are welcomed. Reviews and surveys of the state of the art in the respective systems are also welcome. Topics of interest to this Special Issue include, but are not limited to, the following topics:
• Robotic and assisted living environments system architecture;
• Control optimization of sensors and robots in assisted living environments;
• Machine learning and AI algorithms in assisted living environments;
• Data mining and analytics;
• Model-based design and verification of robotic systems in assisted living environments;
• New low-power platforms and sensors for assisted living environments;
• Mobile and cloud computing for robotic systems in assisted living environments;
• Wired and wireless communication technologies in robotic systems in assisted living environments;
• Performance/power optimization through hardware accelerators and components;
• Signal processing and fusion for robots in assisted living environments;
• Practical application-oriented system design for robotic systems in assisted living environments;
• Security and privacy for robotic systems in assisted living environments.
Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Manuscripts can be submitted online at:
Dr. Christos P. Antonopoulos
Dr. Nikolaos Voros
Dr. Georgios Keramidas