EAI IoTaaS 2020 : (Virtual) 6th EAI International Conference on IoT as a Service
Call For Papers
Due to the safety concerns and travel restrictions caused by COVID-19, EAI IoTaaS 2020 will take place online in a live stream.
Non-authors and Co-Authors of already registered papers can register for access to the live stream completely free of charge.
IoTaaS is endorsed by the European Alliance for Innovation, a leading community-based organization devoted to the advancement of innovation in the field of ICT. The 6th International Conference on IoT as a Service (IoTaaS) aims to contribute to the discussion on the challenges posed by Internet of Things (IoT). The IoTaaS conference aims to bring together researchers and practitioners interested in IoT from academia and industry. IoTaaS attendees will present novel ideas, exchange points of view, and foster collaborations. In 2020, the city of Xi’an, a famous historical and cultural city of China, will host IoTaaS 2020. The conference will consist of technical symposia, tutorials, posters, demos, and workshops. All submissions to this conference will be subject to rigorous peer review before included in the technical sessions.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
Networking and Communications Technologies for IoT:
- Network architectures
- Ultra-dense networking technology
- Routing algorithms and protocols
- Multiple access control technology
- PHY technology
- New waveform
- 5G enabling IoT technology
- 802.11 based IoT technology
- M2M and V2X
- IoT Standardization
- Ad Hoc networking
- Key technologies for NB-IoT
- QoS guarantee technology
- Multi-media technology
- Information acquisition and processing technology based on artificial intelligence (AI)
- Big data
- Cloud computing, fog computing, and edge computing
- Green Networking
- Sensor networking
- IoT as a service
Smart objects as a service:
- IoT marketplace: for offering IoT based applications and services
- API economy: for easier and tighter integration
- Semantic Web technologies for IoT: registry, storage
- IoT delivery platforms: existing and emerging platform and architectures for exposing and interacting with IoT
- Federated IoT support
- Non Functional Requirements (NFR) for IoT : security, scalability, responsiveness and more
- Standardization: standard areas needed Business models
- IoT DevOps
- IoT context based analytics
- IoT application deployment success stories
- Mobile First IoT: mobile backend as a services (MBaaS) and smartphone as data prosumers
Accepted papers will be published in the IoTaaS Conference Proceedings and by Springer-Verlag in the Lecture Notes of ICST (LNICST). The proceedings will be available both in book form and via the SpringerLink digital library, which is one of the largest digital libraries online and covers a variety of scientific disciplines.
Proceedings will be submitted for inclusion in leading indexing services, Ei Compendex, ISI Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
Authors of selected best accepted and presented papers will be invited to submit an extended version to:
- Mobile Networks and Applications (MONET) Journal (IF: 2.390)
Additional publication opportunities:
- EAI Transactions series (Open Access)
- EAI/Springer Innovations in Communications and Computing Book Series
Call for Posters and Demos
Authors who wish to present their work as posters are required to submit a one-page PDF with a title and an abstract of their work (not the poster itself). Submissions may represent early work that is not yet ready for submission to a refereed conference or journal, or describe a technical (non-marketing) innovation. Authors who wish to present a technology prototype as technology demos are required to submit a one-page PDF with a title and a description of their work. Submissions should preferably represent technological innovations in the making. Authors of accepted posters or accepted demos are expected to present their posters or demos at the conference.