WBC 2020 : 17th International Conference on Web Based Communities and Social Media 2020
Call For Papers
- CALL FOR PAPERS WBC 2020 - Deadline for submissions (last call): 18 June 2020 -
17th International Conference on Web Based Communities and Social Media 2020
21 - 23 July 2020
Part of the Multi Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems (MCCSIS 2020)
21 -25 July 2020
* IMPORTANT: Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, this conference will now be held online via Zoom.
* Conference Scope
Social Media are growing rapidly and play an increasingly important role in the development of Online Communities. Web based communities announce themselves both in your professional and private life through several new media such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Plaxo, etc. Social media allow dynamic roles in participation, virtual presence and online communities. These new ways to communicate via online social media are having great societal effects and are motivating the creation of best practices to help individuals, corporations and authorities to make the best of it.
The mission of WBC conference is to publish and integrate scientific results and act catalytically to the fast developing culture of web communities, while helping to disseminate and understand the latest developments social media and their impact.
For more information about the seven main areas of this conference please see http://www.webcommunities-conf.org/call-for-papers
* Paper Submission
This is a blind peer-reviewed conference. Authors are invited to submit their papers in English through the conference submission system by June 18, 2020. Submissions must be original and should not have been published previously.
* Important Dates:
- Submission Deadline (last call): 18 June 2020
- Notification to Authors (last call): 3 July 2020
- Final Camera-Ready Submission and Early Registration (last call): Until 10 July 2020
- Late Registration (last call): After 10 July 2020
* Paper Publication
The papers will be published in book and electronic format with ISBN, will be made available through the Digital Library available at http://www.iadisportal.org/digital-library/showsearch.
The conference proceedings will be submitted for indexation by IET’s INSPEC, Elsevier, EI Compendex, Scopus, Thomson Reuters Web of Science, EBSCO and other important indexing services.
The best papers will be selected for publishing as extended versions in the “International Journal of Web Based Communities" (IJWBC); ISSN: 1477 - 8394 [4 issues per year]. Best papers will also be invited to submit for review extended versions for potential publication in journals from INDERSCIENCE Publishers.
* Conference Contact:
Web site: http://www.webcommunities-conf.org/
* Organized by: International Association for Development of the Information Society
* Registered participants in the Web Based Communities and Social Media conference may attend the other conferences part of MCCSIS 2020 free of charge.