FoodOPS 2020 : The international Food Operations & Processing Simulation Workshop
Call For Papers
FoodOPS 2020- Call for paper!
as organisers, we would like to invite you to submit a paper to the “The international Food Operations & Processing Simulation Workshop", which will be held in Athens (Greece), on September 16-18, 2020. The Conference is a part of the I3M 2020 MultiConference and cosponsored by many universities and companies.
The Best papers of the Workshop will be submitted for consideration on a special issue of the journal “International Journal of Food Engineering” IMPACT FACTOR 2017: 0.923; SCImago Journal Rank (SJR): 0.350, Source Normalized Impact per Paper (SNIP): 0.467
New Author’s Instruction for all the I3M attendees (including EMSS, HMS, MAS, IMACCA, IWISH, SESDE, FOODOPS, VARE)
The I3M Organization Committee has approved a new procedure for papers submission. As tradition, I3M provides its attendees with the opportunity to publish extended version of selected papers to International Journals.
To this end, the Organization Committee is looking forward to speed the journal publication process. Therefore, the following changes have been approved:
1. It is strongly recommended (not mandatory) that camera-ready papers for the conference do not exceed 6 pages length (minimum mandatory length: 4 pages).
2. Authors are strongly encouraged to prepare directly an extended version of the article (e.g. 8-10 pages), to use a short version of the article as camera ready paper for the conference (see point 1) and the full length paper for the journal (the full length paper for the journal must be at least 50% different from the short version used for the conference).
3. At the time of the Notification of Acceptance of the conference paper, the authors will be informed if their papers have been selected for journal publication. Additional information regarding the journal submission process will be provided by email.
4. Information about the deadlines for journal submission are reported in the “Deadline Section” of each conference website.
Abstracts or full draft papers, April 15th 2020
Acceptance Notification, May 15th 2020
Camera Ready Papers, June 15th 2020
Scopus index the FoodOPS proceedings; in addition the I3M proceedings will be submitted for indexing in ISI Conference proceedings Citation Index and Google Scholar.
Access for free the I3M proceedings of previous editions
Conferences Proceedings are available at this link http://www.msc-les.org/proceedings/i3m/index.html
Phd students are invited to submit a paper to the conference and presents the result of the paper during the Phd sessions.
"Gianni Cantice Research Award for Gifted Simulation Students" and the “Norbert Giambiasi Award for Conceptual Modeling Excellence” will be announced during the I3M 2020 Gala Dinner and attributed to the best simulation student applicants. The Gianni Cantice Award is entitled to Col.Cantice as recognition for his long activity in Simulation; the Gianni Cantice Award Winner will receive the Award Certificate and a financial contribution (a free registration for the next I3M conference).
The Norbert Giambiasi Award is entitled to Prof. Norbert Giambiasi as recognition for very highly qualified contribution in Conceptual Modeling and DEVS within International Simulation Community. The Norbert Giambiasi Award Certificate Board selects the paper among best Conceptual Modeling contributions to I3M Conference. If you have a student as co-author in your FoodOPS paper the student could be considered for the award.
Workshop Aim and Topics
The Workshop offers the possibility to present results and critical issues concerning processes design and operations management in food industry using Modeling and Simulation as methodological approach. We welcome high-quality, original scientific contributions and will consider them for publication.
Topics of interest include:
• Liquid Food Processing
• Simulation of Food Supply Chain
• Modelling & Simulation of Food Processing
• Modelling and Simulation of Physical Properties of Foods
• Sustainability of Food processes
• Modelling and simulation of food fouling and cleaning techniques
• Modeling of transport phenomena in food processes assisted by microwaves and radio-frequencies
Nevertheless, different topics concerning processes and operations management in food industry are welcome as well. Authors are kindly invited to include in their papers and presentations all the research works, case studies and application both theoretical and applied.
Contact and Information
For further Information please contact Giuseppe Vignali (firstname.lastname@example.org), Francesco Longo (email@example.com),
We are looking forward to welcome you in Athens
Giuseppe Vignali, FoodOPS 2020 General Chair
Francesco Longo, Food Ops 2020 Program Chair