SESDE 2020 : The 8th International Workshop on Simulation for Energy, Sustainable Development & Environment
Call For Papers
SESDE 2020- Call for paper and Journal Opportunities!
The 8th International Workshop on Simulation for Energy, Sustainable Development & Environment (SESDE 2020)
Dates and Location
September 16-18, 2020
Venue: Athens, GREECE
New Author’s Instruction for all the I3M attendees (including EMSS, HMS, MAS, IMACCA, IWISH, SESDE, FOODOPS, VARE)
The I3M Organization Committee has approved a new procedure for papers submission. As tradition, I3M provides its attendees with the opportunity to publish extended version of selected papers to International Journals.
To this end, the Organization Committee is looking forward to speed the journal publication process. Therefore, the following changes have been approved:
1. It is strongly recommended (not mandatory) that camera-ready papers for the conference do not exceed 6 pages length (minimum mandatory length: 4 pages).
2. Authors are strongly encouraged to prepare directly an extended version of the article (e.g. 8-10 pages), to use a short version of the article as camera ready paper for the conference (see point 1) and the full length paper for the journal (the full length paper for the journal must be at least 50% different from the short version used for the conference).
3. At the time of the Notification of Acceptance of the conference paper, the authors will be informed if their papers have been selected for journal publication. Additional information regarding the journal submission process will be provided by email.
4. Information about the deadlines for journal submission are reported in the “Deadline Section” of each conference website.
Abstracts or full draft papers, April 15th 2020
Acceptance Notification, May 15th 2020
Camera Ready Papers, June 15th 2020
Best papers of SESDE 2020 will be invited to submit an extended version to Special Issues of the following International Journals:
• International Journal of Simulation and Process Modelling
• International Journal of Food Engineering
• International Journal of Privacy and Health Information Management
Scopus index the SESDE proceedings; in addition the I3M proceedings will be submitted for indexing in ISI Conference proceedings Citation Index and Google Scholar.
Access for free the I3M proceedings of previous editions
Conferences Proceedings are available at this link http://www.msc-les.org/proceedings/i3m/index.html
Phd students are invited to submit a paper to the conference and presents the result of the paper during the Phd sessions.
"Gianni Cantice Research Award for Gifted Simulation Students" and the “Norbert Giambiasi Award for Conceptual Modeling Excellence” will be announced during the I3M 2020 Gala Dinner and attributed to the best simulation student applicants. The Gianni Cantice Award is entitled to Col.Cantice as recognition for his long activity in Simulation; the Gianni Cantice Award Winner will receive the Award Certificate and a financial contribution (a free registration for the next I3M conference).
The Norbert Giambiasi Award is entitled to Prof. Norbert Giambiasi as recognition for very highly qualified contribution in Conceptual Modeling and DEVS within International Simulation Community. The Norbert Giambiasi Award Certificate Board selects the paper among best Conceptual Modeling contributions to I3M Conference. If you have a student as co-author in your SESDE paper the student could be considered for the award.
The International Workshop on Simulation for Energy, Sustainable Development & Environment is focusing on using M&S in applications related to Energy, Sustainability and Environmental Issues. Scientists and Subject Matter Experts in these sectors are invited to present innovative papers. The application of M&S to this sector represents a major opportunity considering the nature of the complex systems related to these issues that need to be studied and analyzed.
Climate change, Conservation, Energy, Environmental degradation, Environmental health, Genetic engineering, Intensive farming, Land degradation, Soil, Land use, Nanotecnology, Nuclear issues, Overpopulation, Ozone depletion, Pollution, Water pollution, Air pollution, Reservoirs, Resource depletion, Consumerism, Fishing, Logging, Mining, Toxins, Sustainability, Transportations, Waste
Current list of Tracks
- Simulation pro Energy, Environment and Development – SpEED
- “Smart Grid Planning, Optimization and Control - SPOC”
- Sustainable Land Use and Transport Adopting M&S
- Simulation and Modeling in the Hydrocarbon Industry
- Simulation and optimisation of Energy Systems
Detailed topics description and current list of tracks/workshops available at http://www.msc-les.org/conf/sesde2020/tracks.html
Contact and Information
For further information please contact Francesco Longo (firstname.lastname@example.org) or email@example.com
We look forward to welcoming you in Athens
SESDE 2020 Organization Committee