MAS 2020 : International Conference on Modelling & Applied Simulation
Call For Papers
MAS 2020- International Conference on Modelling & Applied Simulation – Call for Paper
The 19th International Conference on Modelling & Applied Simulation (MAS 2020)
Dates and Location
September 16-18, 2020
Venue: Athens, GREECE
New Author’s Instruction for all the I3M attendees (including EMSS, HMS, MAS, IMACCA, IWISH, SESDE, FOODOPS, VARE)
The I3M Organization Committee has approved a new procedure for papers submission. As tradition, I3M provides its attendees with the opportunity to publish extended version of selected papers to International Journals.
To this end, the Organization Committee is looking forward to speed the journal publication process. Therefore, the following changes have been approved:
1. It is strongly recommended (not mandatory) that camera-ready papers for the conference do not exceed 6 pages length (minimum mandatory length: 4 pages).
2. Authors are strongly encouraged to prepare directly an extended version of the article (e.g. 8-10 pages), to use a short version of the article as camera ready paper for the conference (see point 1) and the full length paper for the journal (the full length paper for the journal must be at least 50% different from the short version used for the conference).
3. At the time of the Notification of Acceptance of the conference paper, the authors will be informed if their papers have been selected for journal publication. Additional information regarding the journal submission process will be provided by email.
4. Information about the deadlines for journal submission are reported in the “Deadline Section” of each conference website.
Abstracts or full draft papers, April 15th 2020
Acceptance Notification, May 15th 2020
Camera Ready Papers, June 15th 2020
Best papers of MAS 2020 will be invited to submit an extended version to Special Issues of the following International Journals:
• International Journal of Simulation and Process Modelling
• International Journal of Food Engineering
• International Journal of Privacy and Health Information Management
Scopus index the MAS proceedings; in addition the I3M proceedings will be submitted for indexing in ISI Conference proceedings Citation Index and Google Scholar.
Access for free the I3M proceedings of previous editions
Conferences Proceedings are available at this link http://www.msc-les.org/proceedings/i3m/index.html
Phd students are invited to submit a paper to the conference and presents the result of the paper during the Phd sessions.
"Gianni Cantice Research Award for Gifted Simulation Students" and the “Norbert Giambiasi Award for Conceptual Modeling Excellence” will be announced during the I3M 2020 Gala Dinner and attributed to the best simulation student applicants. The Gianni Cantice Award is entitled to Col.Cantice as recognition for his long activity in Simulation; the Gianni Cantice Award Winner will receive the Award Certificate and a financial contribution (a free registration for the next I3M conference).
The Norbert Giambiasi Award is entitled to Prof. Norbert Giambiasi as recognition for very highly qualified contribution in Conceptual Modeling and DEVS within International Simulation Community. The Norbert Giambiasi Award Certificate Board selects the paper among best Conceptual Modeling contributions to I3M Conference. If you have a student as co-author in your EMSS paper the student could be considered for the award.
The MAS Conference concentrates on applied Modeling & Simulation (M&S) and computer technologies. Application fields include logistics, supply chain management, production control, business and industrial organization. In 1996 DIP was driving the European Simulation Symposium into the Simulation in Industry Event for demonstrating the potential of M&S applied in real world; in a similar way, MAS is an International Conference in M&S Applications.
MAS was established in 2002 as a joint event toHMS2002 Bergeggi, Italy in order to provide an opportunity for Project Meetings (i.e. IEPAL, LESNEX, WILD). Several edition was held of MAS event during the past years (MAS2003 as a stand-along event, MAS2004 as part of I3M2004 Multiconference, MAS2005 in joint cooperation with I3M Conference in Marseille and MAS2006). The MAS2007 was a joint event in cooperation with I3M2007 Multiconference. In 2008 the conference moved to South Italy in Calabria and it is a joint event in I3M2008, co-locating HMS2008, EMSS2008 and MAS2008. In 2009 MAS was successfully organized in Tenerife, Canary Island, Spain,in 2010 MAS was held in Fes, Morocco and in 2011 was held in Rome,Italy. In 2012 and 2013 the conference was held in Vienna (Austria) and Athens, respectively, while in 2014 the conference moves to Bordeux (France) and it is organized in cooperation as joint event in I3M2014, co-locating HMS2014, EMSS2014, DHSS 2014, I-WISH 2014 and SESDE 2014.
In this framework, worldwide specialist have the opportunity to present new advanced applications as well to work forward for establish new international co-operation and projects. This event is the ideal framework for setting up European Community and International Projects and it could be used as a framework for hosting project review meeting and project exploitation. The audience includes both users, vendors and scientists operating in applying advanced techniques to industry, business and services.
• Business Process Re-engineering
• Business Intelligence
• Company Intelligent Management
• Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
• Decision Making
• Emergency Planning & Management
• Enterprise Resource Management (ERP)
• Financial Planning
• Health Care Systems
• Human Resource Management
• Intelligent Forecasting
• Information Support Systems
• Infrastructure Planning & Design
• Inventory Management
• Logistics Networks
• Military Applications
• Product Data Management (PDM)
• Production Planning & Management
• Project Management
• Public Services
• Sales Forecasting
• Strategic Decision
• Supply Chain Management
• Artificial Intelligence
• Artificial Neural Networks
• Customer Satisfaction
• Concurrent Engineering
• Data Fusion
• Data Warehousing
• Decision Support Systems
• Electronic Data Interchange
• Environment Management
• Fuzzy Logic
• Genetic Algorithms
• Industrial Engineering
• Knowledge Based Systems
• Logistics & Manufacturing
• Organizational Modeling
• Process Simulation
• Process Consulting
• Production Simulation
• Strategic Consulting
• Total Quality Management
• Resources Planning
• Safety in Work Environment
• Security & Intelligence
Current list of Tracks:
- Simulation for Strategic Engineering
- Inventory Management Simulation
- Production Systems Design
- Decision Support Systems Applications
- Simulation in Energy Generation and Distribution
- The Interplay between Behavioural Game Theory and Agent- Based Social Simulation
- Simulation Interoperability in Enterprises
- Control and monitoring of Hybrid Renewable Energy Sources and Systems for buildings
- Simulation Based Design
- Workshop on virtual and augmented reality
- Simulation and Human Factors Engineering
- Simulation based Optimization
- High Performance Simulation of biological systems
- Workshop on Serious Games applied to Security, Crisis Management and Safety
- Human-centred and Human-focused Modelling and Simulation (common track MAS-EMSS)
- Towards a universal framework for the Intelligent Social Simulation-based Systems (ISSS)
Detailed topics description and current list of tracks/workshops at http://www.msc-les.org/conf/mas2020/tracks.html
For further information please contact Marina Massei (firstname.lastname@example.org) or email@example.com.
We look forward to welcoming you in Athens
MAS 2020 Organization Committee