IWISH 2020 : The International Workshop on Innovative Simulation for Healthcare
Call For Papers
IWISH 2020 - The International Workshop on Innovative Simulation for Healthcare – Call for Paper
The 9th International Workshop on Innovative Simulation for Healthcare (IWISH 2020)
Dates and Location
September 16-18, 2020
Venue: Athens, GREECE
New Author’s Instruction for all the I3M attendees (including EMSS, HMS, MAS, IMACCA, IWISH, SESDE, FOODOPS, VARE)
The I3M Organization Committee has approved a new procedure for papers submission. As tradition, I3M provides its attendees with the opportunity to publish extended version of selected papers to International Journals.
To this end, the Organization Committee is looking forward to speed the journal publication process. Therefore, the following changes have been approved:
1. It is strongly recommended (not mandatory) that camera-ready papers for the conference do not exceed 6 pages length (minimum mandatory length: 4 pages).
2. Authors are strongly encouraged to prepare directly an extended version of the article (e.g. 8-10 pages), to use a short version of the article as camera ready paper for the conference (see point 1) and the full length paper for the journal (the full length paper for the journal must be at least 50% different from the short version used for the conference).
3. At the time of the Notification of Acceptance of the conference paper, the authors will be informed if their papers have been selected for journal publication. Additional information regarding the journal submission process will be provided by email.
4. Information about the deadlines for journal submission are reported in the “Deadline Section” of each conference website.
Abstracts or full draft papers, April 15th 2020
Acceptance Notification, May 15th 2020
Camera Ready Papers, June 15th 2020
Best papers of IWISH 2020 will be invited to submit an extended version to Special Issues of the following International Journals:
• International Journal of Simulation and Process Modelling
• International Journal of Food Engineering
• International Journal of Privacy and Health Information Management
Scopus index the MAS proceedings; in addition the I3M proceedings will be submitted for indexing in ISI Conference proceedings Citation Index and Google Scholar.
Access for free the I3M proceedings of previous editions
Conferences Proceedings are available at this link http://www.msc-les.org/proceedings/i3m/index.html
Phd students are invited to submit a paper to the conference and presents the result of the paper during the Phd sessions.
"Gianni Cantice Research Award for Gifted Simulation Students" and the “Norbert Giambiasi Award for Conceptual Modeling Excellence” will be announced during the I3M 2020 Gala Dinner and attributed to the best simulation student applicants. The Gianni Cantice Award is entitled to Col.Cantice as recognition for his long activity in Simulation; the Gianni Cantice Award Winner will receive the Award Certificate and a financial contribution (a free registration for the next I3M conference).
The Norbert Giambiasi Award is entitled to Prof. Norbert Giambiasi as recognition for very highly qualified contribution in Conceptual Modeling and DEVS within International Simulation Community. The Norbert Giambiasi Award Certificate Board selects the paper among best Conceptual Modeling contributions to I3M Conference. If you have a student as co-author in your EMSS paper the student could be considered for the award.
A holistic view of healthcare leads to an interdisciplinary field of research ranging from life-science to management disciplines. The increasing computational power and the tight integration of natural and computational sciences open the doors to new paradigms in life science research. The huge complexity of biological systems let deterministic and deductive methods reach their limitations, thus large scale simulations together with advanced methods of modelling are new tools to get insight into the huge diversity of healthcare. This workshop, part of the I3M Multiconference, aims to bring together scientists from engineering, natural and life sciences to stimulate discussion on new methods and topics in the emerging field of healthcare. Tracks shall cover the main aspects of healthcare. It shall not only provide a forum for presentation of novel approaches and methods of advanced simulation for both modelling and analysis but also provide meaningful results and applications.
Current list of Tracks:
- Application of Simulation for Healthcare Supply Chains
- Modeling and Simulation of physical systems
- Healthcare and Public Health M&S
- Modeling and Simulation for Cognitive Computation
- Studying biomechanical problems for cardiothoracic and cardiovascular clinical problems: Models, designing tools, simulation environments and critical condition prediction for surgical interventions
- Patient Specific Modeling of the Cardiovascular-Respiratory system: interdisciplinary approaches to theory and practice
- Mathematical Modeling and Health Technology Assessment
- Modelling and Simulation in Physiology and Medicine
- Modeling and Simulation for Biosciences and Bioinformatics
- Simulation and Modeling in Computer Aided Therapy
- Data Driven System Simulation - Modelling & Simulation of Complex Systems
- Mathematical modelling and control of Biological and Biomedical Systems
- Modeling quality of life, health condition and work performance in ageing and new applicable technologies
- New technologies in public health and emergency medicine
Computer aided diagnostics and therapy
- Modelling and simulation in bio-systems, physiology, cardiology, anaesthesia, cancer, circulatory system, respiratory system, renal system, biomechanics
- Virtual Reality in surgical procedures
- Virtual Reality for the treatment of disorders and/or rehabilitation
- Virtual Reality for development and validation of medical simulators
- Model based information processing of medical images
- Advanced methods in model based image processing
- New methods of diagnostic imaging
- New paradigms in functional imaging, e.g. PET and MR
- Reconstruction in computed tomography
- Model based segmentation and registration
- Simulation in the context of diagnostics
- Simulation of emergency procedures (disaster gaming)
- Simulation of disease proliferation
- Disease management
- Healthcare networks
- Clinical information flows
Cellular and Molecular Models in Medicine
- Simulation in genetics and system biology
- Simulating biological phenomena and organs
- Modeling and recognition of regulatory motifs and modules
- Pharmacometric modelling
- Physiological simulations
- Drug inventory management
- Personalized drugs design
- Algorithms in DNA analysis
- Tissue engineering
- Molecular tumour diagnostics
- Novel methods in DNA arrays
- Protein structure analysis
- Regulatory networks, metabolic networks, proteomic networks
- Databases in Bioinformatics
- Protein ontology data bases
- Novel HPC-paradigms in Bioinformatics
Management of Healthcare
- Waiting time issues in hospitals
- Patient pathways
- Modelling Emergency Departments
- Modelling ancillary services
- Patient flows in outpatient facilities
- Simulation for surgical and clinic scheduling
- Simulation for logistics of healthcare
- Simulation of patient care
- Models of elderly people care
- Healthcare policy analysis
- Ambulance planning
- Simulation for health economics analysis
- Modelling of clinical environments
Modelling and Simulation for Biosciences and Bioinformatics
- Exploratory Bioinformatics and Computational Biological models, simulations and tools for helping Bioscientists
- Modeling and simulation as decision support for assisting Bioscientists and Medical practitioners
- Agent-based Modeling and simulation for Biological Systems, Healthcare facilities or Social Systems etc.
- Verification and Validation of Biological Simulations
- Equation based Modeling of Biological Systems
- Development and analysis of Complex Biological and Social Networks (Formal Specification, Modeling, Analysis and Simulation)
- Modeling and Simulation in System Biology
- Modeling and simulation of congenital disorders
- Modeling and simulation of epidemics and other diseases
- HIV/AIDS related M&S
- Tumor Growth modeling and Simulation
- Distributed Simulation of Biological Systems
- Formal Specification and Models such as using Z formal specification language, Systems Biology Markup Language (SBML) etc.
- Use of Cognitive Computation and AI techniques such as Neural Networks, Genetic Algorithms, Bio-inspired techniques, swarm intelligence algorithms for developing models of Biological systems
- Modeling and Simulation of Body Sensor Networks for e-Health
- Modeling and Simulation of Pervasive and Ambient Assisted Living systems, Disease Tracking and Monitoring systems
- Artificial Life related topics.
Contact and Information
For further information please contact Francesco Longo (email@example.com), Marina Massei (firstname.lastname@example.org) or email@example.com.
We look forward to welcoming you in Athens
IWISH 2020 Organization Committee