HMS 2020 : The 22nd International Conference on Harbor, Maritime & Multimodal Logistics Modelling and Simulation
Call For Papers
HMS 2020 – Call for Paper!
The 22nd International Conference on Harbor, Maritime & Multimodal Logistics Modelling and Simulation (HMS 2020)
Dates and Location
September 16-18, 2020
Venue: Athens, GREECE
New Author’s Instruction for all the I3M attendees (including EMSS, HMS, MAS, IMACCA, IWISH, SESDE, FOODOPS, VARE)
The I3M Organization Committee has approved a new procedure for papers submission. As tradition, I3M provides its attendees with the opportunity to publish extended version of selected papers to International Journals.
To this end, the Organization Committee is looking forward to speed the journal publication process. Therefore, the following changes have been approved:
1. It is strongly recommended (not mandatory) that camera-ready papers for the conference do not exceed 6 pages length (minimum mandatory length: 4 pages).
2. Authors are strongly encouraged to prepare directly an extended version of the article (e.g. 8-10 pages), to use a short version of the article as camera ready paper for the conference (see point 1) and the full length paper for the journal (the full length paper for the journal must be at least 50% different from the short version used for the conference).
3. At the time of the Notification of Acceptance of the conference paper, the authors will be informed if their papers have been selected for journal publication. Additional information regarding the journal submission process will be provided by email.
4. Information about the deadlines for journal submission are reported in the “Deadline Section” of each conference website.
Abstracts or full draft papers, April 15th 2020
Acceptance Notification, May 15th 2020
Camera Ready Papers, June 15th 2020
Best papers of HMS 2020 will be invited to submit an extended version to Special Issues of the following International Journals:
• International Journal of Simulation and Process Modelling
• International Journal of Food Engineering
• International Journal of Privacy and Health Information Management
Scopus index the HMS proceedings; in addition the I3M proceedings will be submitted for indexing in ISI Conference proceedings Citation Index and Google Scholar.
Access for free the I3M proceedings of previous editions
Conferences Proceedings are available at this link http://www.msc-les.org/proceedings/i3m/index.html
Phd students are invited to submit a paper to the conference and presents the result of the paper during the Phd sessions.
"Gianni Cantice Research Award for Gifted Simulation Students" and the “Norbert Giambiasi Award for Conceptual Modeling Excellence” will be announced during the I3M 2020 Gala Dinner and attributed to the best simulation student applicants. The Gianni Cantice Award is entitled to Col.Cantice as recognition for his long activity in Simulation; the Gianni Cantice Award Winner will receive the Award Certificate and a financial contribution (a free registration for the next I3M conference).
The Norbert Giambiasi Award is entitled to Prof. Norbert Giambiasi as recognition for very highly qualified contribution in Conceptual Modeling and DEVS within International Simulation Community. The Norbert Giambiasi Award Certificate Board selects the paper among best Conceptual Modeling contributions to I3M Conference. If you have a student as co-author in your EMSS paper the student could be considered for the award.
The HMS Conference concentrates on applications of simulation and computer technologies to logistics, supply chain management, multimodal transportation, maritime environment and industrial logistics. HMS Conference is a traditional event and it was held successfully worldwide, usually in the surroundings of major international ports ( HMS1999 Genoa, HMS2000 Portofino, HMS2001 Marseille, HMS2002 Bergeggi, HMS2003 Riga, HMS2004 Rio de Janeiro, HMS2006 Barcelona, HMS2007 Bergeggi).
However HMS foundations are even older, originally a "Harbour & Maritime Transport Workshop" was included as part of Simulation in Industry Conference, Genoa (1996) and then a "Modelling and Simulation within a Maritime Environment Conference" was organized in Riga during 1998; In 2008 the Conference moved to South Italy in HMS2008, in co-location with I3M2008, the event was a great success in term of quality and attendance; the 2009 edition was very successful in the Canary Island: Tenerife Spain and the HMS2010 was held in Fes (Morocco). In 2011 the conference moved in Italy, while HMS 2012 has been held in Vienna and it is a joint event in I3M2012. In 2013 the conference moved to Greece as a joint event of I3M2013, co-locating HMS2013, EMSS2013, MAS2013, DHSS2013, IMAACA2013, I-WISH 2013 and SESDE 2013 . In 2014 the conference was held in Bordeux, France, as part of I3M2014. HMS2015 was held in Bergeggi, Italy, still as part of I3M2015. In the past editions worldwide specialist had the opportunity to participate and interact to this important International Forum on Logistics. The audience includes both users, vendors and scientists operating in applying advanced techniques to supply chains, logistics and handling facilities. The HMS Conference concentrates on applications of simulation and computer technologies to logistics, supply chain management, multimodal transportation, maritime environment and industrial logistics. This event is the ideal framework for setting up European Community and International Projects and it could be used as a framework for hosting project review meeting and project exploitation. The audience includes both users, vendors and scientists operating in applying advanced techniques to industry, business and services.
• Bulk Terminals
• Container Terminals
• C4I & Military Systems
• Harbour Services
• Industrial Facilities
• Navigation Lines
• Multimodal Transports
• Oil Terminals
• Passenger Terminals
• Ro-Ro Terminals
• Ships & Platforms
• Concurrent Engineering
• Electronic Data Interchange
• Environment Management
. Freight Transport Planning
• Harbour Simulation
• Industrial Engineering
• Logistics & Manufacturing
• Naval Architecture
• Naval Training Systems
• Total Quality Management
• Resources Planning
• Safety & Security in Maritime Environment
• Vessel Traffic Systems
• Urban Transportation
Current list of tracks
- Simulation of Transportation and Intermodal Systems
- Modelling & Simulation in Logistics, Traffic and Transportation
- Simulation Metamodelling and Optimisation in Logistics and Supply Chains
- Intermodal transportation systems and services
- Modeling and Simulation of Logistics Networks
- Modelling & Simulation for Inventory Management and Logistics
- Innovative Transport Systems for Urban Areas and Urban Freight Transport
- Workshop on Modeling & Simulation in E-Mobility
- Planning Sustainable Transport Systems
- Ports and Terminals Modelling
- Simulation-based Testing for Autonomous/Connected Driving
- Modelling Urban Logistics Systems
- Machine Learning and Big Data Applications on E-Mobility
- Digitalization in Ports
Detailed topics description and current list of tracks/workshops available at http://www.msc-les.org/conf/hms2020/tracks.html
Contact and Information
For further information please contact Marina Massei firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
We look forward to welcoming you in Athens
HMS 2020 Organization Committee