ECNLP-2 @ WWW 2020 : The Second Workshop on e-Commerce and NLP
Call For Papers
Call For Papers
The Second Workshop on e-Commerce and NLP (ECNLP 2)
Co-located with The Web Conference 2020 in Taipei, Taiwan (April 2020)
NLP and IR have been powering e-commerce applications since the early days of the fields. Today, NLP and IR already play a significant role in e-commerce tasks, including product search, recommender systems, product question answering, machine translation, sentiment analysis, product description and review summarization, and customer review processing, amongst many other tasks. With the exploding popularity of chatbots and shopping assistants – both text- and voice-based – NLP, IR, question answering, and dialogue systems research is poised to transform e-commerce once again, but requires a forum where new and unfinished ideas could be discussed.
Co-located with The Web Conference 2020, the ECNLP workshop will provide a venue for the dissemination of NLP and IR research results related to e-commerce and online shopping, bringing together researchers from both academia and industry. The workshop welcomes submission of late-breaking and preliminary research results, as well as opinion and position papers.
ECNLP invites quality research contributions in different formats:
- Original long research papers (10 pages plus references and appendix)
- Original short research papers (6 pages plus references and appendix)
- Position and opinion papers (4 pages)
All submissions will undergo a peer review process, and accepted submissions will be presented at the workshop either as oral presentation or as poster.
Topics of interest
Workshop topics include but are not limited to:
- Product classification and cataloguing
- NER for products, brands, attributes, and part names
- Search and product query auto-completion
- Recommender systems and product suggestions
- Machine Translation applied to e-commerce (e.g. translating product titles/reviews)
- Voice & dialogue-based e-commerce applications; ASR for e-commerce
- Advertising and ad prediction/forecasting models
- Fraud and spam detection in e-commerce (e.g. in customer reviews/comments)
- Product description and review summarization
- Product similarity and matching of seller-provided listings to catalog products
- Technical support request processing (user emails, chat agents, etc.)
- E-commerce-related social media processing
- The intersection of Computer Vision and NLP (e.g. product images and text)
- Product Question Answering
- Shopping assistants, agents, and chat bots
- Sentiment analysis, opinion mining, and stance detection in user-generated content
- Relevant resources and datasets
Submission Deadline: January 27, 2020
Acceptance Notification: February 6, 2020
Camera-ready versions: February 15, 2020
Workshop: April 2020 (exact date TBA)
Instructions for Authors
All papers will be peer reviewed by the program committee and judged by their relevance to the workshop, especially to the main themes identified above, and their potential to generate discussion.
All submissions must be formatted according to the latest ACM SIG proceedings template available at http://www.acm.org/publications/proceedings-template (LaTeX users use sample-sigconf.tex as a template).
Submissions must describe work that is not previously published, not accepted for publication elsewhere, and not currently under review elsewhere. All submissions must be in English.
Please note that at least one of the authors of each accepted paper must register for the workshop and present the paper in-person.
The deadline for paper submission is January 27, 2020
Submissions are handled through EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ecnlp20
More details available on the website.
Additional Information and Contact Details