ICSLE 2020 : International Conference on Smart Learning Environments
Call For Papers
The International Conference on Smart Learning Environments (ICSLE 2020) aims to bring together researchers, practitioners, and policy makers to discuss issues related to the optimization of learning environments to enhance learning. The focus is on the interplay of pedagogy, technology and their fusion towards the advancement of smart learning environments.
All accepted papers will be included in the conference proceedings published under Springer’s Lecture Notes in Educational Technology series. Extended version of selected accepted papers will be considered for publication in Springer’s Smart Learning Environments journal.
Types of submissions
1. Experience Reports: Experience reports describe research-based technological implementation for education that worked well and is now recommended to others.
(a) Full-length Experience Reports (maximum 10 pages): Full-length Experience Reports may contain detailed descriptions of research behind the implementation, development, evaluation or other applications. Work reported in Full-length Experience Reports must be original.
(b) Short Experience Reports (maximum 6 pages): Short Experience Reports may contain brief reports of technologies developed, techniques used or results of research. Work reported in Short Experience Reports must be original.
2. Research Studies: Research Studies present a careful study, with an appropriate use of methodology (e.g., case study, qualitative methods, quasi-experimental, experimental) to support the investigation and stated results. The methodology does not need to be quantitative; it does, however, need to be appropriate to support the claims made by the author.
(a) Full-length Research Studies (maximum 10 pages): Full-length Research Studies may contain detailed description of the background research, details of methodology used, findings of the study, interpretation of the findings, and resulting recommendations for other researchers/practitioners. Work reported in Full-length Research Studies must be original.
(b) Short Research Studies (maximum 6 pages): Short Research Studies may focus on small-scale research experiments that may be extensions of author’s previously validated research. However, the work reported in Short Research Studies must be original.
3. Work-in-progress Papers (maximum 4 pages): Work-in-progress Papers contain original research frameworks, architectures and implementations, where initial results are available but full validation are not yet done. The originality of the work must be clearly visible.
4. Reflection Papers (maximum 4 pages): Reflection papers are expected to present an argument – with rationale and justification – for a different approach or perspective on solving a current educational problem through the use of emerging technology or through innovative use of existing technology. The work presented in the Reflection Papers must not have been published (or submitted for publication) elsewhere.
5. Posters (maximum 4 pages): Posters are expected to briefly explain the idea of your research and argue its novelty. Posters are not intended to provide background research or details of a rigorous experimental study. They provide opportunity to sell your ideas to the audience. The work presented in the Posters must not have been published (or submitted for publication) elsewhere.
Important Dates 2020
Main conference paper ABSTRACT enter on EasyChair: January 10, 2020
Main conference paper submission: January 17, 2020
Workshop/Panel proposal submission: January 17, 2020
Acceptance/Rejection notification: March 1, 2020
Camera ready papers: March 15, 2020
Author registration: March 15, 2020
Conference dates: May 13 to May 15, 2020
J. Michael Spector, University of North Texas, USA
Demetrios G. Sampson, University of Piraeus, Greece
Kinshuk, University of North Texas, USA
Ronghuai Huang, Beijing Normal University, China
Maiga Chang, Athabasca University, Canada
Elvira Popescu, University of Craiova, Romania
Junfeng Yang, Hangzhou Normal University, China
Guangtao Xu, Hangzhou Normal University, China