SEBD 2020 : 28th Symposium on Advanced Database Systems
Call For Papers
SEBD 2020 (CFP)
28th Italian Symposium on Advanced Database Systems
Villasimius, Sardinia (Italy), June 21-24, 2020
* Deadline extension (see important dates below) *
The 2020 edition of SEBD Symposium will be jointly organized by University of Cagliari and ICT-SUD Cosenza, and will take place in Villasimius (Sardinia), Italy, at Tanka Village Resort from the 21st to the 24th of June 2020.
This is the 28th edition of the symposium, which is the major annual event of the Italian database research community at large (English is the official language of the conference). The symposium is thought as a gathering forum to meet, discuss and exchange experiences among all those, both in the academy and industry, who are interested in database systems and in all their broad range of applications.
* Gerhard Weikum - Max Planck Institute for Informatics, Germany
* Tova Milo - Tel Aviv University, Israel
* Carlo Zaniolo - University of California, Los Angeles, USA
The conference covers a broad range of topics, including traditional database management, as well as new challenges for data management in any possible domain. Suggested topics include (but not limited to) the following:
- Big Data and Smart Computing;
- Data integration, Heterogeneous and Federated DBMS;
- Data mining, knowledge discovery, information extraction, and
- Data visualization;
- Data warehousing;
- Distributed and parallel databases;
- Grid, peer-to-peer databases and Cloud Computing;
- Incompleteness, inconsistency, and uncertainty in databases;
- Keyword-based and natural language access to structured data;
- Ontology-based data management;
- Privacy, security and trust management;
- Query processing and optimization, approximate query answering;
- Real-time, embedded, sensor, and mobile databases;
- Scientific and Statistical Databases;
- Semantic Web and Open Linked data;
- Social networks and Graph databases;
- Transaction and workflow management, interoperability and Web services
SEBD 2020 invites submissions of research, industry and application contributions as well as software demonstrations. Regular papers presenting original work are solicited. Moreover, discussion papers containing descriptions of results already published are also welcomed.
There are three submission formats:
- Regular papers (up to 12 pages): original research work in the above areas;
- Discussion papers (up to 8 pages): results and ideas of interest to the SEBD audience, including extended abstract of recent own publications, position papers, system and application descriptions, and presentations of preliminary results.
- Student papers (up to 4 pages): authors must be all students and if accepted it will be presented at the PhD session
Papers must be written in English. Selection will be based on originality, clarity, and technical quality.
SEBD 2020 submissions must be in electronic form in PDF format. Papers must be formatted in LaTex using the Lecture Notes in Computer Science style, and must be submitted electronically via the EasyChair submission system using the following link:
All accepted works will be included in the proceedings, with Discussion Papers clearly marked as such. Proceedings will be published on WS-CEUR.org and indexed in Scopus, DBLP and Google Scholar.
After acceptance, authors are required to re-submit the final PDF. No different format is allowed. All accepted papers are expected to be presented at the conference and at least one author is required to register to the conference.
SEBD 2020 will host a session completely devoted to the next generation of researchers: PhD students. They can submit a 4 pages paper describing their research which will be presented and discussed during an oral session. There the students will get feedback and suggestions from senior researchers of the SEBD community and have the chance to start new collaborations.
Abstract submission (Regular, Short, Student): 3 March 2020
Paper submission (Regular, Short, Student): 10 March 2020
Notifications: 20 April 2020
Camera ready and Registration Deadline: 27 April 2020
All deadlines are Anywhere on Earth (AoE) standard time.
Maristella Agosti, University of Padua
Letizia Tanca, Politecnico di Milano
Program Committee Chairs:
Maurizio Atzori, University of Cagliari
Paolo Ciaccia, University of Bologna
Program Commettee Members:
SEBD 2020 conference will be located in Villasimius, Italy, at the Tanka Resort, by the crystal-clear sea of Simius beach.
Villasimius is a highly renomated turistic village on the southern coast of Sardinia, the second largest island in the Mediterranean famous for its magnificent white beaches and clean waters. The closest airport is Cagliari Elmas international airport, connected with about 70 direct flights (including many low-cost flights) to Italy and Europe. The climate is Mediterranean, with mild winters and many sunny days. https://www.sardegnaturismo.it/en/places/sud/villasimius