QONFEST Workshops 2020 : Call for Affiliated Workshops at QONFEST 2020, in Vienna, TU Wien
Call For Papers
* *QONFEST 2020* *
August 31-September 5, 2020, Vienna, Austria
QONFEST is the umbrella conference comprising the joint international
2020 meetings CONCUR (31st International Conference on Concurrency
Theory), QEST (17th International Conference on Quantitative
Evaluation of SysTems), FORMATS (18th International Conference on
Formal Modeling and Analysis of Timed Systems) and FMICS (25th
International Conference on Formal Methods for Industrial Critical
Systems). QONFEST 2020 will be hosted at TU Wien, Vienna, Austria,
with the conferences taking place in the main building at Karlsplatz
13, 1040 Wien, and the workshops in the computer science building at
Favoritenstr. 9–11, 1040 Wien.
CALL FOR AFFILIATED WORKSHOPS
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit proposals for
workshops to be affiliated to QONFEST 2020. Example topics include:
concurrency theory and its applications, timed systems, semantics,
logics, verification techniques, cross-fertilization between industry
and academia and opportunities for young and prospective researchers.
Past QONFEST conferences have been accompanied by successful workshops
on a variety of topics. You can have an idea of the past workshops by
browsing the pages of the previous editions of CONCUR, QEST, FORMATS
The purpose of the workshops is to provide participants with a
friendly, interactive atmosphere for presenting novel ideas and
discussing their application.
The workshops take place on Monday August 31, 2020 and Saturday
September 5, 2020.
Proposals should include:
* The name and the preferred date of the proposed workshop (August
31 or September 5, 2020)
* A short description of the workshop (500 words max)
* If applicable, a description of past versions of the workshop,
including dates, organizers, submission and acceptance counts, and
* The expected number of participants
* The name and a link to the website(s) of the organizer(s)
* The publication plan (only invited speakers, no published
proceedings, pre-/post-proceedings published with EPTCS/ENTCS/...).
The QONFEST organization offers:
* a link from the QONFEST web site;
* setup of meeting space, and related equipment,
* coffee-breaks and lunch for the participants on the day of the workshop,
* on-line and on-site registration to the workshop,
* free workshop registration for an organizer and in case of more than
15 participants a second free workshop registration
The main responsibility for organizing the workshop goes to the
workshop organizer(s), including:
* workshop publicity (possibly including call for papers, submission
and review process)
* scheduling of workshop activities in collaboration with the QONFEST
Submission of workshop proposals: January 15, 2020 (but we greatly
appreciate if you announce your proposal to us as soon as possible).
Notification: January 31, 2020
SUBMISSION TO: Florian Zuleger (zuleger at forsyte dot at)
For more information, please contact me via email.