Springer iCETiC 2023 : 5th International Conference on Emerging Technologies in Computing 2022
Call For Papers
After successfully organising the fifth conference of this series, International Association of Educators and Researchers (IAER), registered CIC (Community Interest Company) in England and Wales, is happy to arrange the Fourth International Conference on Emerging Technologies in Computing (iCETiC ’23) 2023, which will be held from 17th - 18th August 2023, at University of Essex, Southend, UK.
iCETiC ’23 is technically co-sponsored by EAI and the Chester and North wales Branch of the British Computer Society. However, iCETiC ’23 Proceedings will be published in the Springer Nature Lecture Notes of the Institute for Computer Sciences, Social Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering (LNICST) Series, in cooperation with EAI.
LNICST series is indexed in WoS/ISI as well as in Scopus having 2021 CiteScore: 0.7 and SNIP 0.188; SJR 2021: 0.185 (Q4).
The conference will draw together researchers and developers from academia and industry. For inclusion in the Springer-Verlag LNICST series, the papers must adhere to Springer’s Guidelines for Authors of Proceedings, instructions for which can be found at: ftp://ftp.springernature.com/cs-proceeding/svproc/guidelines/Springer_Guidelines_for_Authors_of_Proceedings.pdf. The easiest way to do this is to download and use the MS Word 2003 Proceedings template. Selected papers for consideration for further publication from the conference may be recommended for the following journals, as shown in the table below. This will be after they have been asked to be substantially extended and enhanced. However, the journals’ respective Editor-in-Chief and the members of the Executive Board will make the final decision about the inclusion of the papers. Furthermore, invited extended papers will be published in an edited book by Springer-Verlag.
1. Annals of Emerging Technologies in Computing (AETiC), http://aetic.theiaer.org, Indexed in Scopus (CiteScore 2021: 2.6, Q2), British Library, etc.
There will be a range of events from keynote addresses, technical and poster sessions, workshops and tutorials. The formal sessions will be supplemented by an excellent social programme.
Work in progress, research papers, survey papers, application and theoretical papers, poster presentations and position papers for the workshop are all welcome.
Full papers, adhering to the Springer-Verlag LNICST paper formatting (Read Submit Paper), should be submitted using the Easychair Conference Management System.
Scope of the Conference
The conference theme is the “emerging technologies” as outlined by Gartner Hype Cycle for Emerging Technologies, 2022. Papers are sought on any topic in the spectrum of the conference theme, including, but not limited to the following:
Cloud, IoT and Distributed Computing
• Internet of Things, Everything and Nano-Things
• Cloud Computing, Fog Computing and Big Data
• Location-dependent/Personalized Application
• System Architectures and Platforms
• Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA)
• Embedded Computing with Applications
• Low Power, Energy-Aware Pervasive Computing
• Smart Devices
• Middleware Services and Agent Technologies
• Intelligent Devices and Environments
• Security and Privacy Issues for Pervasive Systems
• Ubiquitous Computing, etc.
• Methods and Techniques for Software Dev.
• Software Maintenance
• Requirements Engineering
• Object-Oriented Technologies
• Re-engineering and Reverse Engineering
• Software Reuse
• Software Management and Risk Analysis
• Software Architectures Design
• Middleware Components
• Software Testing and Quality Assurance
• Verification and Validation
• Software Evaluation, etc.
Communications Engineering and Vehicular Technology
• Computer Networking
• Telecommunication Systems
• Wireless Ad-hoc and Sensor Networks
• Network/Information Security
• Security Protocol
• Cognitive Radio
• Cooperative Communications
• Radio Resource Management and Optimization
• Vehicular Communication Systems,
• Information Theory and Coding Systems, etc. AI, Expert Systems and Big
• Artificial Intelligence
• Machine Learning
• Big Data, Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery
• Information Retrieval
• Social Computing/Media
• Natural Language Processing
• Neural Networks
• Expert System
• Decision Support System
• E-service Intelligence, etc.
Web Information Systems and Applications
• Web Information Mining and Retrieval
• Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery
• Web Services, SOA and Grid Computing
• Deep Web Technology
• XML and Semi-structured Data Management
• Semantic Web and Intelligent Web
• Multimedia Data Management
• Web Information Engineering Methodology
• Web 2.0 and Social Information Network, etc.
• Network Security and Cryptography
• Virus, Worm and Malware Analysis
• Security in Embedded Systems and IOT
• Cloud and System Security
• Security in Cyber Physical Systems
• Web and Application Security
• Access Control, Firewall and IDS
• Privacy and Trust Management
• Big-data Trust, Security and Privacy•
Database System and Application
• Database and Information System Architecture and Performance
• Applications of DB Systems and IS
• Multi-databases and Database Federation
• Temporal, Spatial, and High Dimensional DB
• XML and Databases
• Distributed, Parallel, P2P, and Grid-based DB
Financial Technologies (FinTech), Economics and Business Engineering
• Supply Change Management Technology Computational Economics and Finance
• FinTech - Blockchain, Cryptocurrency, P2P Lending, Mobile Payment etc.
• Industrial and Systems Engineering
• E-Management, E-commerce and e-Business
• Business Information Systems
• Technopreneurship, Technology and Innovation
mLearning and eLearning
• e/m-Learning, Blended and Distance Learning
• Virtual Learning Environments (VLEs)
• Ethical Issues in e-learning
• Mobile Assisted Language Learning (MALL), etc.
• Any other topic not covered in the regular tracks
At least one author must register and physically attend the conference. Presentation via video-conferencing may only be allowed under special circumstances. For further details, please see the registration link.
Main Conference Submission Deadline 15th July 2023
Notification of Acceptance Continuous Process
Camera-ready Submission 30th July, 2023
Last Date of Registration (Authors) 30th July, 2023
Last Date of Registration (non-Authors) 30th July, 2023
Conference Dates 17th-18th August, 2023
We look forward to welcoming you to iCETiC 2022 at University of Essex, Southend, UK.
iCETiC 2023 Organising Committee