RFID-SoftCOM 2010 : International Symposium on RFID Technologies & Internet of Things (SoftCOM2010)
Call For Papers
The Symposium on RFID Technologies & Internet of Things in the frame of the 18th International Conference on Software, Telecommunications and Computer Networks (SoftCOM 2010), technically co-sponsored by the IEEE Communication Society (ComSoc), will be held in attractive ambience of the hotel Marjan in Split and hotel Elaphusa in Bol (Brac), September 23-25, 2010.
The main goal of this symposium is to present and discuss recent advances in the area of the Internet of Things, where innovative wireless technologies like RFID, short-range wireless communications, real-time localization and sensor networks are becoming research topics more and more interesting for both academia and industry.
Accepted and presented papers will be published in the conference proceedings and indexed in the IEEE Xplore and Inspec. Furthermore, authors of selected best papers will be invited to submit an extended version of their manuscripts for publication in a special issue of the Journal of Communications Software and Systems (JCOMSS).
TOPICS OF INTEREST
We cordially invite speakers who wish to present original papers on the following subjects, but not limited to these, associated with the following topics:
RFID Hardware component
- Performance evaluation of tags and readers
- RF modeling and simulation of reader-tag systems
- RFID and sensors
- Near-Field Communication (NFC)
Wireless Sensor Networks
- Active RFID
- Ultra Wide Band (UWB)
- Energy consumption minimization
- Monitoring and Localization systems
Middleware and Standard
- EPCglobal network architecture
- Database integration
- Security & Privacy
- Integration with Internet protocols
RFID case studies, field trials, and industrial Applications
- Manufacturing and Logistic
- Supply Chain
- Pharmaceutical and Healthcare
Electromagnetic aspects of RFID-based systems
- Tag and reader antennas design
- Potential effects on molecular structures and human tissue
- Interferences with electronic devices
Please follow the general submission requirements of SoftCOM2010 (http://www.fesb.hr/SoftCOM).
Dep. of Innovation Engineering
University of Salento, Lecce - ITALY