Coatings - SCIE 2020 : [Coatings; IF2.330] Special Issue - Advanced Thin Films Deposited by Magnetron Sputtering
Call For Papers
Coatings (ISSN 2079-6412)
Special Issue "Advanced Thin Films Deposited by Magnetron Sputtering"
We invite researchers to submit original innovative research works to this Special Issue on "Advanced Thin Films Deposited by Magnetron Sputtering". Magnetron sputtering is an effective physical vapor deposition (PVD) method which allows the deposition of many types of materials, including metals, ceramics, alloys and compounds. Magnetron sputter deposition does not require melting and evaporation of the source material, leading to many advantages over other PVD technologies. With the development of magnetron sputtering technique, the precise control of surface physical properties is becoming increasingly critical in both fundamental scientific researches and industrial applications. The aim of this Special Issue is to highlight some of the most recent and most significant contributions to the thin-film coatings field, through a combination of original research papers and review articles from leading groups around the world.
In particular, the topics of interest include but are not limited to:
* Key Technologies for Magnetron Sputtering
* High Power Impulse Magnetron Sputtering (HiPIMS)
* Modulated Pulse Power Magnetron Sputtering
* Multilayer Coatings and Nano-Coating Applications
* Novel Transparent Oxide Films Grown by Magnetron Sputtering Techniques
* Optical and Mechanical Properties of Magnetron Sputtering Films
* Nanostructured Features of Advanced Thin Film Materials
Prof. Dr. Chuen-Lin Tien
When you choose Coatings, you benefit from:
- High visibility: indexed by the Science Citation Index Expanded (Web of Science), Scopus and Inspec (IET);
- Owning the full copyright to your work, and your article is free to read for anyone at any time;
- A rapid publication process: manuscripts are peer-reviewed and a first decision provided to authors approximately 13.1 days after submission; acceptance to publication is undertaken in 2.9 days (median values for papers published in this journal in the second half of 2019).
*Article Processing Charges*
Coatings is fully open access. Open access (unlimited and free access by readers) increases publicity and promotes more frequent citations, as indicated by several studies. Open access is supported by the authors and their institutes. The Article Processing Charges (APC) for accepted papers are CHF 1600. You may be entitled to a discount if you have previously received a discount code or if your institute is participating in the MDPI Institutional Open Access Program (IOAP), for more information see: http://www.mdpi.com/about/ioap.
Besides, we could offer some discounts to you in the following ways:
- 5% discount to new follower of our twitter account @Coatings_MDPI;
- 5% discount for early bird before 31 October 2019.
To submit to the Special Issue, please click here:
For further details on the submission process, please see the instructions for authors at the journal website (http://www.mdpi.com/journal/coatings/instructions).
The submission deadline is 30 June 2020. All papers accepted for publication will be published immediately.
In case of any questions, please never hesitate to contact Dina Chen of the Editorial Office (firstname.lastname@example.org).