NOBIDS 2019 : 5th Norwegian Big Data Symposium
Call For Papers
NOBIDS 2019 welcomes the submission of original research and application papers dealing with all aspects of Big Data, including the application of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in large-scale solutions. The impact of Big Data and large-scale data infrastructures is now visible in science, business, government and civil society. Companies store more data than anyone could imagine just a few years back, and the proliferation of open linked data has made it possible to share well-defined data across organizational and geographical boundaries. Big data and data science are rapidly expanding research areas that are of great importance to both industry and academia. The focus is on scalable techniques for intelligent data production, collection, classification, storing, integration, analysis and visualization. Big Data is multi-disciplinary of nature and is closely linked to industrial innovation and value creation.
The 5 th Norwegian Big Data Symposium (NOBIDS 2019) focuses on Big Data applications and Big Data research from all disciplines, with a particular focus on applied artificial intelligence. Whereas techniques from Artificial Intelligence have been around for many years, we now explore how Big Data technologies enable sophisticated AI techniques to be applied in large-scale industrial applications. With better methods to process large data sets in real-time, these new applications use machine learning and knowledge models to bring more intelligent solutions to the market that help companies extract more value from their data and make better decisions. Often these AI applications include features that were unthinkable in an industrial context just a few years ago. Applied AI is now reshaping industrial applications and practices with the help of Big Data architectures, frameworks and technologies.
NOBIDS 2019 aims to bring researchers and industry practitioners together to exchange ideas, establish collaborations and share experiences within the special theme of artificial intelligence in data science and big data applications.
There are already a number of successful applications of Big Data and AI solutions in Scandinaviancompanies. A central objective of the symposium is to create an interdisciplinary community that addresses industry-relevant issues in Big Data/AI and promotes fruitful collaboration between researchers, companies and practitioners.
Topics of interests for the research track of NOBIDS 2019 include but are not limited to:
- Big data architectures
- Industrial applications of big data and AI
- Scalable AI/machine learning
- New programming models and platforms for big data computing
- Cloud/grid/stream computing for big data
- Conversational systems and chat bots
- News summarization, classification and sentiment analysis
- Fake news detection
- Large-scale semantics and open linked data
- Large-scale language models
- Scalable Natural Language Processing
- Recommender systems and personalization
- User experience and visualization of big data
- User intelligence and user profiling
- Social media systems
- Anonymization, privacy and security
- Business models for big data and AI
- Legal aspects of open and protected data
- Evaluation and benchmarking of big data and AI applications
- Quality of big data
- Data platforms for big data and AI
- Explainable AI technologies
- Trustworthy AI
- Societal impacts of AI solutions
- Innovations with AI and big data
- Commercialization of AI and big data