FoNeS-IoT 2020 : EAI International Conference on Forthcoming Networks and Sustainability in the IoT Era
Call For Papers
The advancements in technology, application areas for advanced communication systems and development of new services, facilitate a tremendous growth of new devices and smart things that need to be connected to the Internet through a variety of wireless technologies. Parallel to this, new capabilities such as pervasive sensing, multimedia sensing, machine learning, deep learning, unmanned aerial vehicles, cloud and edge computing, energy efficiency/harvesting and computing power opens the way to new domains, services and business models beyond the traditional mobile Internet. The new areas in turn come with various requirements in terms of reliability, quality of service, and energy efficiency. These are only some examples of the challenges that are of interest to researchers in Forthcoming Networks and Sustainability in the IoT Era (FoNeS-IoT).
- Architectures and protocols for wireless sensor networks and wireless multimedia sensor networks
- Internet/Web of Things and Machine-to-Machine (M2M) communications
- Performance evaluation methods for QoS
- Heterogeneous wireless access networks
- IoT and e-health
- Machine-learning approaches for network planning
- Clouds and edge computing
- Network mobility and handover management
- Network security, trust and privacy in a wired/wireless environment
- Routing in wired/wireless environments
- Drones/unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) in IoT
- Public Safety Networks and Disaster recovery using wireless communications
- Software-defined wireless networks
- 5G and beyond 5G networks
- Wearable communications and computing
- Energy harvesting and sustainability in smart cities
- Employment of IoT and mobile network technologies for education
All registered papers will be published by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library. Proceedings are also included in EUDL (EAI open access digital library).
Proceedings will be submitted for inclusion in leading indexing services, Ei Compendex, ISI Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
All papers will appear as Lecture Notes of the Institute for Computer Sciences, Social Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering (LNICST) proceedings in Springer.
Additionally, selected papers will be considered to be included in:
- one of the EAI Transactions
- Springer’s Mobile Networks and Applications (MONET) Journal (IF: 2.390)