EMCIS 2019 : 16th European Mediterranean & Middle Eastern Conference on Information Systems
Call For Papers
*** CALL FOR PAPERS ***
16th European Mediterranean & Middle Eastern Conference on Information Systems (EMCIS 2019)
British University in Dubai, Dubai, UAE, 9-10 December, 2019
European, Mediterranean and Middle Eastern Conference on Information Systems (EMCIS) is an annual research event addressing the IS discipline with regional as well as global perspective. EMCIS has successfully helped bringing together researchers from around the world in a friendly atmosphere conducted to free exchange of innovative ideas. EMCIS was founded in 2004 by Brunel University research Group ISEing and it is an annual event. A number of respected collaborations were made with different local universities across the destinations chosen each year and EMCIS still proves to attract many further partnerships.
EMCIS is one of the premier conferences in Europe and Middle Eastern region for Information Systems academics and professionals, covering technical, organisational, business and social issues in the application of Information Technology. EMCIS is dedicated to the definition and establishment of Information Systems as a discipline of high impact for the methodical community and IS professionals – focusing on approaches that facilitate the identification of innovative research of significant relevance to the IS discipline following sound research methodologies that lead to results of measurable impact.
Unique characteristics of the EMCIS conference include:
• Conference proceedings will be published in a Springer Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing volume.
• Conference proceedings are indexed by ISI Proceedings, DBLP, EI and Scopus.
• Substantially extended versions of the 10% at most of EMCIS papers may be selected for publication in academic journals.
• Distinctive Keynote addresses by distinguished international scholars from different disciplines, highlighting or discussing particular and generic global topics.
• An international event that continues to attract attendees, academics, practitioners and junior researchers including PhD students from all over the world, enjoying the friendly atmosphere conducive to free exchange of innovative ideas.
The topics of interest are grouped into the following tracks:
• Big Data and Analytics
• Blockchain Technology and Applications
• Cloud Computing
• Digital Services and Social Media
• Enterprise Systems
• Information Systems Security and Information Privacy Protection
• Healthcare Information Systems
• Management and Organisational Issues in Information Systems
• IT Governance
• Innovative Research Projects
Submissions should be original, not published or being considered elsewhere for publication. Authors should not add their details (names, affiliation, email etc.) in the document they submit for review. All papers should be submitted via the EasyAcademia conference management system (the URL is available on the conference web site) and adhere to the format for Springer Lecture Notes publications. The papers must be submitted as a single PDF document and should not exceed 5,000 words (recommended length is 14 pages). Please note that the working language is English.
Papers go through a ‘double-blind review’ process that evaluates their significance, originality, contribution and clarity. Upon acceptance please make sure that at least one author registers to secure a slot for their presentation in the conference program.
When preparing the camera-ready version of a paper, authors should add their details (names, affiliation, email, etc.) on the first page of the paper and indicate which is the corresponding author.
Along with the camera-ready version of their paper, authors should fill, sign and submit the copyright form. The form shall be sent by email to info[at]emcis.eu.
• Electronic Submission Deadline: 30 September, 2019
• Notification of Acceptance to Authors: 30 October, 2019
• Camera Ready Copy: 10 November, 2019
• Early-bird Registration: 10 November, 2019
• Author Registration Deadline: 10 November, 2019
• Dr. Maria Papadaki, The British University in Dubai, UAE
• Prof. Marinos Themistocleous, University of Nicosia, Cyprus
• Dr. Muhammad Kamal, Brunel University, UK
Conference Executive Committee
• Prof. Vincenzo Morabito, Bocconi University, Italy (Program Chair)
• Prof. Paulo da Cunha, Coimbra University, Portugal (Program Chair)
• Dr. Gianluigi Viscusi, École Polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland (Publications Chair)
• Prof. Soulla Louka, University of Nicosia, Cyprus (Public Relations Chair)
• Visit http://emcis.eu for a complete list.