IREHI-2019 2019 : 3rd International Rural and Elderly Health Informatics Conference
Call For Papers
Call for Papers
International Rural and Elderly Health Informatics Conference (IREHI)
Dakar(Senegal, West Africa)
December 4th to 6th, 2019
Worldwide, public healthcare is facing diverse kind of care delivery issues.
High-income countries are facing exploding medical costs primarily due to the growing population of elderly people. Elderly are the fastest-growing demographic group in developed countries. The UN forecasts that by 2050, the elderly (60 years et and older) would constitute up over 20% of the world population. In developed countries, the nursing home provides adequate care services to elderly; nevertheless, elderly people prefer staying at home in their familiar and usual social environment and take care of their health by themselves as long as they are able to. Home care applications are therefore increasingly in demand.
Rural areas, particularly in developing countries, are suffering from poor access to health care services. Among the reasons are poor healthcare infrastructures, inappropriate public health structure, lack of health insurance, brain drain and lack of medical expert specialists. Telehealthcare and remote care delivery are a continuing trend today in developing countries public health care systems to overcome care provision issues and increase access to care service.
Recent research in rural and elderly health is based on current technological advancements in sensors, Internet of Things (IoT), Machine-to-Machine (M2M), patient-centric/patient-centered personalized and remote health care as well as patient empowerment through medical education. The Internet of Things (including M2M) is a rapidly growing technology which enables connected things to communicate with each other. IoT technology is increasingly present in medical applications e.g. pervasive/ ubiquitous monitoring systems, cardiac telemetry systems, sensing systems. IoT-enabled health care is multidisciplinary involving methodologies from several domains and applied to the area of medicine and public healthcare systems.
IREHI conference is an IEEE sponsored interdisciplinary conference including workshops, tutorials and demo sessions with multifaceted topics of interests. The main objective of the conference is to bring together Health Informatics researchers from the industry as well as public health care bodies working towards improving and transforming rural and elderly healthcare. Considering that, submissions may especially focus on novel ideas and non-invasive systems that could be deployed and used in developing countries as well as in the developed world.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following areas:
• Cognitive IoT for elderly care
• Complex health monitoring in rural care systems
• Home care for elderly people
• IT-enabled healthcare transformation and delivery
• IoT-Cloud integration in medical applications for rural and Elderly Care
• Big Data for IoT in medical applications for rural and Elderly Care
• Determinants of Therapeutic Path in Rural Areas
• Diseases outbreak surveillance systems in the rural area
• Financial Accessibility to Rural Healthcare
• Impact of Energy Supply and Rural Health Care Delivery
• Longitudinal and in-depth case studies and pilot studies on the implementation of IT-enabled healthcare services and operations
• Medical drones in healthcare services optimization
• Medical education for empowering elderly people and rural out-patients/people
• Monitoring platforms for the elderly living
• Multimodal end-to-end solution approaches to prevent exclusion of elderly people from the use of medical applications
• Predictive analytics and modeling
• Social media for healthcare services and operations
• IT-supported Patient Education
We also invite authors to submit papers on all topics related to rural and elderly health application
• Body area networks
• Crowdsensing and management
• Electronic health record (EHR)
• Health Insurances in African Countries
• Health-related event detection in large data collections
• IoT-enabled healthcare systems
• Multimedia for the self-management of personal health
• Next-generation networks for health informatics
• Off-Label-Use in rural and elderly health
• Pervasive sensing
• Quality of service and quality of experience
• Reliability, safety, security and privacy in remote care systems
• Wellness and in-body sensors
We kindly solicit you to submit your recent research work as:
Full paper (up to 6 pages)
Short paper (up 4 pages)
Demo (see our format here)
Paper submissions must be in English and conform to the IEEE format (see here). Papers are to be submitted electronically to the IEEE paper submission system (Computer Society Conference Publishing Services, CSDL, and Xplore)
Accepted papers, only when presented in the Conference (also at the virtual sessions) by registered authors, will be submitted for inclusion to IEEE Xplore Digital Library.
All paper and short paper submissions are subject to a double-blind reviewing process. All accepted submissions will be published as IEEE Proceedings and indexed by Compendex, and ISI Thomson's Scientific and Technical Proceedings, ISTP/ISI Proceedings, and Scopus.
The extended version of selected promising papers will be invited for submission to top IS or OM journals.
IMPORTANT DATES AND VENUE
IREHI19 will be held from 4th to 6th of December 2019 in Dakar/Senegal (Africa) at the ESMT-Dakar(Venue)
Pre-conference workshops on 3rd December
Abstract submission deadline 31st of July 2019
Full Paper Submission deadline 15th of October 2019
Acceptance Notification 10th of October 2019
Final papers (camera-ready) due by 18th of October 2019
More details: http://ieee-rural-elderly-health.com/2019/
KEYNOTES/SPEAKERS (The complete list will be soon online)
Prof. Samuel Fosso Wamba (France)