WoSoCer 2019 : The 9th IEEE International Workshop on Software Certification Co-located with the ISSRE 2019 conference
Call For Papers
The 9th IEEE International Workshop on Software Certification
Co-located with the ISSRE 2019 conference
28-31 October 2019, Berlin, Germany
### Call for Papers ###
The WoSoCer workshop is a forum to discuss novel solutions for the assessment and certification of software in critical systems, and to promote their adoption through industrial and academic research projects.
We welcome contributions related to any area of critical software systems and certification. In addition, this edition of the workshop encourages contributions to a special theme currently of high relevance: the certification for railway software systems of the future (including automatic train operation, predictive maintenance, railways software security, etc.).
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Certification and assurance of systems and services
- Certification of software for emerging technological trends, including dynamic, autonomic, large-scale, and distributed systems
- Certification of third-party components, software reuse, and open-source software across systems and services
- Certification and best practices of software development processes in safety- and security-critical domains
- Quantitative and qualitative evaluation of system dependability and resilience
Economics of certification and standards
- Adoption of emerging technologies and best practices in safety- and security-critical domains
- Open issues, practical experiences, and real-world case studies
- Cross-fertilization between safety and security certification and standards
Since 2011, WoSoCer has been a satellite event of the IEEE International Symposium on Software Reliability Engineering (ISSRE), a premier conference that emphasizes both academic excellence and industry impact.
Accepted peer-reviewed papers will be included in a supplemental volume of the ISSRE conference proceedings, published by the IEEE Computer Society on IEEE Xplore.
### Important Dates ###
August 8, 2019: Paper submission (Extended)
August 25, 2019: Paper notification
September 8, 2019: Camera ready
October 28 - 31, 2019: Workshop