Japan-Chile Symposium in Field Robotics 2019 : Call for Participation - First Japan-Chile Symposium in Field Robotics
Call For Papers
The First Japan-Chile Symposium in Field Robotics will be held on December 16-18, 2019 in Rancagua, Chile.
• The participation is free of charge
• The registration process will open during August 2019.
• The registration does NOT cover accommodation or meals.
• More information: https://sites.google.com/uoh.cl/fieldrobot2019/
• Sign up for updated information: https://forms.gle/qn7xS1NExqcmJmgAA
The First Japan-Chile Symposium in Field Robotics aims to provide an overview of the current state of robotics, with a focus on field robotics. It will address various application areas from a technical point of view, while also promoting discussion on the economical, social and technical impacts of this technology, and it aims to identify important issues, solutions, collaboration, and synergies for Japan, Chile and other countries.
The symposium will have lectures of renown academics from Japan, Chile and abroad, with these researchers sharing their views with the audience on various topics, while also providing various chances for discussion. Confirmed keynote speakers:
▪ Prof. Noboru Noguchi, Hokkaido University, Japan
▪ Prof. Keiji Nagatani, Tokyo University, Japan
Confirmed national and invited international speakers include:
▪ Dr. Jurgen Leitner, Australian Center for Robot Vision, Australia
▪ Prof. Francisco Rovira-Mas, Universidad Politécnica de Valencia, Spain
▪ Verónica Saiz-Rubio, Universidad Politécnica de Valencia, Spain
▪ Javier Ruiz-del-Solar, Universidad de Chile, Chile
▪ Miguel Torres-Torriti, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Chile
▪ Stanley Best, INIA, Chile
▪ Fernando Auat Cheein, Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María, Chile
To maximize the impact in the Chile's research, industry and the overall society, we have selected areas of field robotics where Japan has produced important contributions, while also being areas of importance for Chile and Japan, including agriculture robots, rescue and disaster robots, mining robots, etc. For deepening the understanding about these technologies among stakeholders, we will have discussion panels with public and private decision makers.
The First Japan-Chile Symposium in Field Robotics will take place at Rancagua, Chile, is being organized by the Universidad de O’Higgins, Chile, sponsored by The Japan Foundation, and co-organized by the Chilean Library of the Chilean Congress (BNC).
It is also important to mention that another robotic event will take place in Chile during December 2019: the IEEE RAS International Summer School on “Deep Learning for Robot Vision” will be held on December 9-13, 2019 in Santiago & Rancagua, Chile. More information at http://robotvision2019.amtc.cl/
Come join us at both events!