SMARTGIFT 2019 : SMARTGIFT 2019 - 4th EAI International Conference on Smart Grid and Innovative Frontiers in Telecommunications
Call For Papers
With global climate warming, the power and energy sector has attracted more attention for reducing carbon emissions. Smart grids have become the trend of future power grid development, which is characterized by intelligence, efficiency, reliability, greenness and economy. Advanced intelligent technologies, i.e., automatic control, information acquisition, communications and computer technologies, have been taken into account together.
On the other hand, the rapid development of the Internet of Things (IoT) technology has sparked an exponential growth in the number of IoT devices to provide various emerging applications, i.e., virtual reality, smart traffic, and environmental monitoring, in which the objects of everyday life will be equipped with microcontrollers, transceivers for digital communication, and suitable protocol stacks that will make them able to communicate with one another and with the users, becoming an integral part of the Internet. Hence, as the most advanced wireless network, the fifth-generation (5G) wireless communication system is capable of providing wireless access for a large number of IoT applications with certain quality of service (QoS) guarantee.
In such a context, this conference focus on all aspects of smart grids and telecommunications, broadly understood as the renewable generation and distributed energy resources integration, computational intelligence applications, information and communication technologies. Contributions are sought with respect to smart grids, models, frameworks, practices, components, dynamics, challenges and trade-offs. Submissions introducing experience reports, lessons learned, comparative studies and case analyses are also most welcome.
The 4th EAI International Conference on Smart Grid and Innovative Frontiers in Telecommunications (Smart GIFT) will be held in Beijing, PRC, and will continue to serve as a premier international forum for discussion among academic and industrial researchers, practitioners, and students interested in collaborative networking, technology and systems, and applications.
The works that will be presented at conference will focus on the following topics:
Computational Intelligence Applications, Information and Communication Technologies (ICT), and Cyber-Security:
- Computational Intelligence Applications in Smart Grid Algorithms for modeling, control and optimization
- Roles of ICT in smart grids, smart metering, data acquisition and monitoring, sensor networks, ICT protocols and standards, big data analytics, data management, and cyber security
Strategic Technology Trends for Smart Grids:
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning applications for smart grids
- Immersive technologies and Smart spaces
- Edge technologies and augmented analytics
Renewable Generation and Distributed Energy Resources Integration:
- Generation and demand forecasting and prediction
- Demand side management
- Grid integration of distributed energy resources
- Impacts of renewables on energy markets and prices
- Grid connected energy storage systems and their control
- Electric vehicle charging technologies and its impact in grid operation
Architectures & Systems for Smart Grids:
- Renewable energy management of the smart grid
- Visualization semantic techniques for the smart grid
- Active power filtering, load-sharing, and islanding operation
- Data acquisition, big data management and analytics for the smart grid
- Cross-layer design and optimization techniques applied to smart grid systems
Communications Technology for Smart Grids:
- Signal processing techniques in 5G/B5G with applications to smart grids
- Performance analysis of wireless communication systems
- Physical layer security issues related to wireless communications
- Machine learning and artificial intelligence for wireless communication systems
- Hybrid communication systems (e.g. satellite/terrestrial/wireline hybrids)
Power Electronics and Control and Protection systems for Smart Grids:
- Smart grid protection solutions
- Optimal integration of Plug-in electric vehicle
- Power electronic interface for smart grid operation and control
- Power system monitoring, control, protection, situational awareness and control
- Smart micro-grids and nano-grids
All registered papers will be submitted for publication by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library, one of the world’s largest scientific libraries.
The conference proceedings are submitted for inclusion in Ei Compendex, ISI Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, and more.
Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit an extended version of their work through one of the following EAI endorsed publications:
- EAI Endorsed Transactions on Mobile Communications and Applications
- EAI Endorsed Transactions on Energy Web
- EAI Endorsed Transactions on Wireless Spectrum