CRoNe 2019 : Fifth Congress on Robotics and Neuroscience
Call For Papers
CRoNe is a focused, multidisciplinary event organized by the Innovation and Robotics Students group at UTFSM, being a meeting point for people from engineering, human and biological sciences for developing and understanding complex intelligent systems.
ON THIS VERSION
During its 5th version, CRoNe is focused in discussions around learning and teaching, with analyses from neuroscientific views and presenting applications and advances on innovative methods based on artificial intelligence and applied robotics. In specific, the Congress will held discussions around: mechanisms for autonomous learning (human, non-human and machine), AI applications for enhancing learning (inside/ousite school environments), teaching methodologies (under neuroscientific analyses with insights from AI), among others coherent topics.
The works related to cognitive science, robotics and complex intelligent systems are welcome to participate.
More information about CRoNe:
Call for Workshops Proposal:
- Abstract submission: June 14, 2019
- Paper submission: August 02, 2019
- Paper acceptance: September 06, 2019
- Early registration: September 16, 2019
- Conference dates: October 9 to 12, 2019.
SUBMISSIONS (CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS AND POSTER SESSION)
All applications must be submitted through:
Submitted works must be original, and formatted according to:
The maximum length is 1500 characters.
A minimum extension of 5 pages*.
A prefered extension of 2000 words (Including captions from figures and tables).
A maximum extensión of 7 pages.
*A paper with at least 4 pages could still be included as an invited work if it is determined as interesting and relevant by the editors.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
Topics for submissions include, but are not limited to:
Neuroscience and education
Learning and knowledge technologies
Empowerment and participation technologies
Gamification and Game-based Learning
Education Policy and Leadership
STEAM (Science Technology Engineering Arts & Math) Education
Creativity and Arts-based Education
- Cognitive Sciences
Computational cognitive systems
Language and action development
Reasoning, Inference, and Planning
- Computational Neuroscience
Structural and Functional models for connectivity
Computational modeling of micro, meso and macroscopic neural networks
Novel physiological insights based on CN models
- Representation Learning for Human and Robots
Knowledge representation and reasoning
Human Behaviour Modeling
- Robotics and AI
Evolving deep networks
Transfer learning in deep learning
Robotic and Virtual Embodiment
Performance metrics and benchmarking
Applications on Healthcare, Media and Entertainment, Manufacturing, Natural Resources, Government, Etc.
CRoNe2019 proceedings shall be submitted to CEUR-WS.org for online publication, an OPEN, recognized ISSN publication series.
The proceedings from the last congress edition could be reviewed here:
(or here http://crone.cc/CRoNe2018_CongressProceedings.pdf)
- Dr. Alessandra Anastasi, University of Messina, Italy.
- Dr. Francisco Cruz, Deakin University, Australia.
- Dr. Lorena Lobo, Universidad a Distancia de Madrid, Spain.
- Dr. Mariana Medina-Sánchez, Leibniz Institute for Solid State and Materials Research, Germany.
- Dr. Nicolás Navarro-Guerrero, Aarhus University, Denmark.
- Dr. Manuel Olivares, Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María, Chile.
- Dr. Adrián Palacios, Universidad de Valparaíso, Chile.
- Dr. Marcela Peña, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Chile.
- Dr. Florian Röhrbein, Technical University of Munich, Germany.
- Dr. Kenji Suzuki, Illinois Institute of Technology, United States.
- Dr. Marley Vellasco, Pontificia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Dr. Ioannis Vourkas, Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María, Chile.
- Dr. Pablo Zegers, Aparnix, Chile.
The conference will be held at Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María, in Valparaíso, Chile. Immerse in a World Heritage Seaport City, this University has more than 85 years of activities in research and education.
Valparaíso by itself is a colorful city, with an impressive historic downtown surrounded by various hills characterized by their adapted urban fabric. It is a neighbor city of the tourist capital of Chile, Viña del Mar, which is located 5 minutes from the conference location.
Other magnificent touristic destinations, like the Atacama Desert, the Easter Island, or the millennial glaciers and waterfalls from Torres del Paine are at one local flight away.
All questions about the Congress, including submission, registration or any other event information, should be emailed to email@example.com.