ALICE 2019 : 9th International Workshop on Adaptive Learning via Interactive, Collaborative and Emotional approaches
Call For Papers
CALL FOR PAPERS
9th International Workshop on Adaptive Learning via Interactive, Cognitive and Emotional approaches
In conjunction with 3PGCIC-2019: 14th International Conference on P2P, Parallel, Grid, Cloud and Internet Computing
November 7-9, 2019, Antwerp, Belgium
***Paper Submission Deadline: June 15, 2019***
SCOPE AND OBJECTIVES
Many researchers argue that learners must be meaningfully engaged in the learning process for effective learning to occur. Engaging learners long enough to see them through to the end of a course is one of the most significant issues faced today by learning developers. Learning tools and resources are today more effective, interactive, and easily accessible than in the past. Nevertheless, the current generation of students is native speakers in the language of digital media and their expectations are even higher. New learners expect to be in control of their learning experience while in a supportive and cooperative environment. They expect the course material to be motivating, challenging, well linked to their prior knowledge and relevant to everyday lives and careers.
The 9th edition of the International Workshop ALICE aims at providing a forum for innovations in adaptive technologies for e-learning especially designed to improve the engagement of students in learning experiences. Works that combine adaptive techniques with approaches based on gamification, affective computing, social learning, storytelling, interactive video and new forms of assessment are welcome as well as works describing approaches based on educational data mining, learning and academic analytics aimed at improving learners’ motivation and teachers’ experience also taking into account aspects related to multimedia and security. Special emphasis is given to approaches based on P2P, Parallel, Grid, Cloud and Internet Computing as well as on computational intelligence and knowledge-based technologies.
Academic researchers, professionals and practitioners are invited to report their ideas, models, designs and experiences on the proposed topics. Empirical results from real users in learning and training settings are particularly welcome in order to evaluate and discuss the impact of the proposed innovations.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
* The main topics of interest, within the scope of Adaptive e-Learning, include, but are not limited to:
* Gamification and Serious Games for Education
* Educational use of Digital Storytelling
* Motivation, Metacognition, and Affective Aspects of Learning
* Collaborative and Social Learning
* Collaborative Learning for Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs)
* Conversational Agents and Learning Analytics for Collaborative Learning
* New Approaches to Formative Assessment
* Learning, Academic and Business Analytics
* Multimedia Systems for e-Learning
* Security Aspects of e-Learning
* Cloud, Cluster and P2P computing for e-Learning
* Knowledge-Based Models and Technologies for e-Learning
* Intelligent Tutoring Systems
* Santi Caballé, Universitat Oberta de Catalunya, Spain (co-chair)
* Nicola Capuano, University of Salerno, Italy (co-chair)
* Jordi Conesa, Universitat Oberta de Catalunya, Spain
* David Gañán, Universitat Oberta de Catalunya, Spain
* Isabel Guitart, Universitat Oberta de Catalunya, Spain
* Jorge Miguel, Universitat Oberta de Catalunya, Spain
* Néstor Mora, Universitat Oberta de Catalunya, Spain
* Anna Pierri, University of Salerno, Italy
Others to be announced
* Paper Submission Deadline: June 15, 2019
* Notification of Acceptance: July 30, 2019
* Camera-Ready Submission: September 2, 2019
* Registration: September 2, 2019
* Workshop and 3PGCIC Main Conference: November 7-9, 2019
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS
Authors should submit a paper to the main conference in Springer format with maximum 10 pages in length, including all figures, tables, and references. However, authors can have two extra pages with the appropriate fee payment. Please format your paper as described in the†submission guidelines†of the main conference.
The file format of the initial submissions and final accepted papers should be PDF. In order to proceed with the submission, please use the same submission system of 3PGCIC-2019 and select "ALICE-2019" as the target workshop.
All accepted papers with paid registration will be included in the Proceedings of 3PGCIC-2019 within the Lecture Notes in Data Engineering and Communication Technologies series published by Springer. Proceedings will be indexed in EI, Scopus, ISI Proceedings, MetaPress and Springerlink. Submission implies the willingness of at least one of the authors to register and present the paper.
Selected papers from Workshop ALICE 2019 will be considered for publication in†International Journal of Emerging Technologies in Learning†(iJET) indexed in ESCI, Scopus, Compendex, Inspec and others.