Special Issue of CSSE Journal 2010 : Special Issue on eScience: Infrastructure, Service and Applications - International Journal of Computer Systems Science & Engineering (CSSE) - SCI Indexed
Call For Papers
Special Issue on "e-Science: Infrastructure, Service and Applications"
International Journal of Computer Systems Science & Engineering (CSSE) - SCI Indexed
The fundamental principles in e-‐Science are inspired on the trend that procedures and practices of traditional way in which science is conducted are undergoing radical change. Such revolution includes modern computing infrastructure as part of the science, or experiment environment, which includes not only the already ubiquitous high-end computers, storage and network infrastructure, but also emerging Web technologies. Together they formulate an essential infrastructure to support various research missions in many areas of science (e.g. particle physics, earth science, bio‐informatics). This allows the exploration of previously unknown problems via simulation, generation and analysis of large amount of data, and global research collaboration.
With the exponential growth of computing power, data volumes, and network capacities, worldwide research on e-Science has made significant progress in various aspects, such as e-Science infrastructure, resource management, data management, collaborative computing & workflow, middleware, and e-Science applications. It is therefore an appropriate time to document these research results and provide an outlook for the next step of e-Science, which will face additional challenging issues such as petascale data management, Cloud computing, global e-infrastructure and advance in virtualization technologies.
Topics of this special session include, but not limited to:
- Concept, definition, architecture of e-Science and e-Research
- Methods and framework in e-Science and e-Research
- e-Science and e-Research infrastructure
- Service Oriented Architecture in e-Science
- Resource management for e-Science
- Security in e-Science
- Novel e-Science/e-Engineering/e-Social applications
- Experience, case studies in large scale e-Science testbed projects
- Next generation Grid computing and e-Science
- Collaborative computing and workflow
- Human computer interface issues in e-Science
- e-Science and e-Research on Cloud computing
About CSSE Journal
The International Journal of Computer Systems Science & Engineering is devoted to the publication of high quality papers on theoretical developments in computer systems science, and their applications in computer systems engineering. Original research papers, state-of-the-art reviews and technical notes are invited for publication. The journal of CSSE is SCI indexed, 5-year Impact Factor is 0.324.
Paper Review Mode
The Papers will be peer reviewed by experts in Grid computing and e-Science according to the standard of Computer Systems Science & Engineering Journal. All papers are peer reviewed in the following aspects:
- Correctness and quality of technical content
Please submit your papers at http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=cssesi10 . The papers should follow the Notes for Authors of International Journal of Computer Systems Science & Engineering and should not exceed 20 pages.
- Submission deadline: 15th May 2010
- Author notification: 15th July 2010
- Camera ready paper due: 15th August 2010
- Dr Wei Jie, University of Manchester, UK
- Dr Lizhe Wang, Indiana University, US
- Dr Cheng Fu, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore