AgroSEM 2019 : Agriculture, Food & Environment (AgroSEM'19) - Special Track on 13th International Conference on Metadata and Semantics Research (MTSR2019)
Call For Papers
Special Track on Metadata & Semantics for Agriculture, Food & Environment (AgroSEM'19)
The 13th International Conference on Metadata and Semantics Research (MTSR 2019) will be held at the Marconi University in Rome, Italy on October 28th –31st, 2019.
***July 1st, 2019***
***July 1st, 2019: New Submission deadline (Full and Short papers)***
***July 1st, 2019: New Submission deadline (Posters, Workshops, Tutorials, Demos and Panels)***
* July 28th, 2019: Notification of decision
* August 25th, 2019: Camera-ready papers due
28th – 31st October 2019, Conference at the Marconi University in Rome, Italy
**Aim and Scope**
The 12th Edition of the Special Track on Metadata and Semantics for Agriculture, Food & Environment (AgroSEM’19) is hosted as part of MTSR 2019.
This track aims to bring together researchers and practitioners that are dealing with theoretical, methodological, experimental and application-oriented aspects of knowledge engineering, applied to agriculture, food and environment. It aims to serve as a discussion forum where researchers and interested experts will present the results of their work, and establish liaisons with other groups that are working on related subjects. In addition, it aims to outline the rich potential of these subjects as an application field for advanced metadata- and semantic-driven systems and services.
Topics include but are not limited to contributions dealing with the following issues in the context of agriculture, food & environment:
● Information standards and specifications
● Metadata schemas and application profiles
● Multilingual vocabularies, taxonomies, glossaries and thesauri
● Metadata generation, harvesting, and exchange
● Knowledge representation, acquisition, elicitation and extraction
● Knowledge integration, semantic annotation
● Semantic Web, Linked Open Data, Linked Open Vocabularies
● Infrastructures, systems and services for knowledge organization
● Knowledge repositories and archives
● Ontology approaches, models, theories, and languages
● Ontology development, integration, lifecycle (construction, alignment, evolution), and evaluation
● Management of large ontology-driven knowledge bases
The following types of submissions are invited:
● Full papers (12 pages, CCIS format) reporting completed research
● Short papers (6 pages, CCIS format) presenting ongoing or preliminary research
● Posters (4 pages)
● Proposals for Tutorials, Workshops. Demos and Panels (1-3 pages providing a description)
Submissions should be original and not previously submitted, published and under review to other Conferences or Journals. All submissions will be reviewed on the basis of relevance, originality, importance and clarity following a double-blind peer review process. Submitted papers have to follow the LNCS proceedings formatting style and guidelines (https://www.springer.com/gp/computer-science/lncs/conference-proceedings-guidelines). Authors of accepted submissions will be asked to register to the Conference and present their work in the form of either oral presentation or poster presentation.
Interested authors can submit to EasyChair.
Proceedings will be published by Springer in **CCIS 1057** (Communications in Computer and Information Science) book series (https://www.springer.com/series/7899). CCIS is abstracted/indexed in Scopus, SCImago, EI-Compendex, Mathematical Reviews, DBLP, Google Scholar. CCIS volumes are also submitted for the inclusion in ISI Proceedings.
**Other Publication Opportunities**
Selected papers might be considered for a revised and extended version to be published in a range of international journals, including the International Journal of Metadata, Semantics and Ontologies (Inderscience) (http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/ind/ijmso) and Data Technologies and Applications (previously published as Program (Emerald).
There are two types of awards: the Best Paper award and the Best Student Paper award, both sponsored by euroCRIS (http://www.eurocris.org/).
● Best Paper award: This award will be presented to the authors of the best full research paper submitted and presented to the conference.
● Best Student Paper award: MTSR sponsors a paper competition to recognize excellence in a conference paper contribution whose primary author is a student (normally at a PhD or MRes level). The student is required to present the paper at the MTSR 2019 conference. Submissions are evaluated on their originality, scientific merits, structure, and clarity of composition.
The author of an awarded paper, and co-authors if any, will be entitled to:
● Receive a signed and stamped official award certificate by the conference organizers
● Promote their achievement on MTSR conference webpage, and MTSR Social Media
● Get invited to submit an extended and revised version of the awarded paper for publication in the International Journal of Metadata, Semantics and Ontologies (Inderscience) (http://www.inderscience.com/jhome.php?jcode=ijmso);
○ Each award comes with the price of a free access/registration to next year’s MTSR. Including all conference materials, together with the printed/digital conference proceedings.
○ This voucher, in case of many co-authors, is valid only for one author of the awarded paper, and only for the MTSR conference that follows the year after receiving the award.
**Special Track Chairs**
Miguel-Angel Sicilia, University of Alcala, Spain
Contact: Miguel-Angel Sicilia (email@example.com) and firstname.lastname@example.org