Hacktivity 2022 : Hacktivity 2022 NOW+NEXT IT Security Festival
Call For Papers
# The Concept of Hacktivity2022
This year Hacktivity IT Security Festival will be a 2 days conference again but with a twist. We like to innovate from year to year. We realized that hardware and IoT hacking, embedded and automotive security are becoming more and more critical in the field of cybersecurity. That's why we decided to dedicate a whole day to these topics, and the concept for #Hacktivity NOW + NEXT was born. On the first day, Hacktivity NOW there will be a usual conference with mainly software-security-related topics, but on the second day - Hacktivity NEXT, IoT, embedded, and automotive security will be in focus.
Call For Papers has been announced for the 2022 edition of Hacktivity. We are looking for speakers with topics about the latest and the future trends in IT security, both software and hardware-related! If you would like to hold a presentation at the biggest hacker conference in the region, do not hesitate to send in your application! The deadline for submission is 15th July 2022.
# The Hacktivity Crew
The Hacktivity hacking conference brings together the official and alternative representatives of the information security profession with all those interested in the area, in an informal, yet educational, and most of the times highly technical.
# Call For Contributions/Speakers
This year we are offering two alternatives: you can either give a presentation as usual or you can give a workshop.
This is the business as usual. We require a similar thing as in any other IT security conference CFP. We are accepting presentations from a wide spectrum of IT security topics. It is up to you to apply for a presentation which is in line with the spirit of Hacktivity. We favour presentations with a demo.
Please write your slide deck in English. Your speech can be in English (favoured) or Hungarian.
As a speaker, you can have either a 20 minutes or a 40 minutes slot to present your topic.
# Comprehensive workshop
We all know there is a huge difference between seeing and doing. Real knowledge grows from issuing your first command. Therefore, to help visitors start off learning we organize workshops. Comprehensive workshops are 2 hours long courses introducing basic/intermediate IT security skills. Previous years included topics like:
- Burp Extensions
- Malicious PDF analysis
- Basic rootkit techniques
- SQL injections
A comprehensive workshop should meet the following requirements:
- participants should acquire a definite and useful piece of knowledge;
- participants bring their own equipment you should calculate with the diversity;
- a workshop will not have more than 25 attendees;
- it should fit into 60 plus 60 minutes (seeing plus doing) from preparation to takeaways.
- one workshop will be held max. 2 times during the two days
Here are some topics that we are especially interested in:
- Vulnerabilities at unexpected territories
- Exploit mitigations and their mitigations
- Malware analysis inside or outside the sandbox
- IoT, embedded and automotive security-related topics
- Blue Team techniques / operation
- Big Data / Cloud / APT / any_fancy_buzzword What's the big deal? Are there any / What are the new threats?
- Extraordinary stories of #FAIL
- Any research which brings something brand new to the security world
These are just examples though, please feel free to submit your talk as long as it fits to the spirit of Hacktivity.
# How to apply as a speaker?
Please fill out our CFP application form: https://forms.gle/YoFtGbBLhexLRs7S8
In case the Program Committee accepts your submission, we will get in touch with you to get the Speaker Agreement signed and to finalize every detail of your travel, accommodation & presentation.
# Speaker benefits
What we are offering?
- Speakers' dinner at the end of the conference
- Accommodation for 2 nights next to the venue of the conference
- Travel cost reimbursement up to 300 EUR
- In case your employer covers your travel and accommodation expenses, we display its logo on our content sponsor page
- A cool limited edition Hacktivity T-shirt
- Conference pass
- Catering during the 2 days of the conference
- Photo and video documentation of your talk
- Budapest sightseeing tour the day after the conference ends
- Info about you and your presentation on our website
- Promotion via social media
# Great travel option
If you have ever considered visiting Hungary, this might be a good opportunity for you to see Budapest, meet the Hungarian IT security community & experience Hungarian hospitality and cuisine as well.
The capital of Hungary is situated along the Danube, in the heart of the Carpathian basin. Hilly Buda, which comprises one-third of the city's area is located along the right bank of the Danube surrounded by low mountains. Across the river sprawls flat Pest. The geology of Budapest has played a determining role in the city's life over the course of history. Hot springs breaking through limestone mountains supplying water of 35-76 degrees centigrade gave rise to a flourishing culture of spas in the Roman Age and made Budapest one of the most popular spa cities of Europe.
As a speaker or workshop presenter you should accept the following use of your intellectual properties:
Presentations will be recorded and made available on our website.
To the event, a conference paper will be published with presentation/workshop titles and abstracts, the presenters' bio and their photos. The brochures will be distributed at the registration for all participants of the conference.
Presentations and workshop materials will available on the conference web page after the event in pdf form.
During the presentation, we will take photos and use them in our publications and will be published on our site.
We are not going to use your materials in any other form mentioned above without your prior consent.
# Someone you would like to see present? Let us know!
If you are not decided yet on the subject you'd like to present, but know someone who is likely to accept speaking at the event, write to us at cfp[at]hacktivity.com including that person's contact info, and we'll do our best to reach out for him/her!