LSAUC 2019 : 3rd International Workshop on Location-based Services and Applications in Ubiquitous Computing
Call For Papers
The advances in Location-based Services and Applications in Ubiquitous Computing of mobile devices have enabled the realization of intelligent environments for people and machines to communicate with each other, interact with information processing devices, and receive a wide range of mobile wireless services through various types of networks and systems everywhere, anytime. A key enabler of these ubiquitous connectivity environments is the advancement of location-aware technology in various communication sectors, ranging from communication middleware and operating systems to networking protocols and applications. The International Workshop on Location-based Services and Applications in Ubiquitous Computing (LSAUC 2019) will provide a forum for practitioners and researchers from diverse backgrounds to interact and exchange experiences about the design and implementation of mobile and ubiquitous systems.
The LSAUC Workshop topics of interest include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Location Mechanisms and Services
- Location and Discovery of Things on the Internet
- Location-aware and Context-aware Networking and Computing
- Location-based Services and Geographic Information Systems
- Location-based Wireless Sensor Networks
- Location-based Vehicular Ad-hoc Networks
- Location-Aware Applications in Smartphones
- Spatio-temporal Data Acquisition, Processing, Mining and Analysis
- Context-aware Computing for Location-based Applications
- Communications Architectures and Protocols in Ubiquitous Computing
- Positioning and Tracking Technologies for Ubiquitous Applications
- Ubiquitous Computing for Location-Based Social Networks
- Ubiquitous Social Wireless Networks
- User Interfaces and Usability Issues for Ubiquitous Applications
- Mobile Crowdsourcing and Geotagged Social Media Data
- Innovative Mobile Social Networking Applications
- Social Location-based Context-aware Systems, Services, and Applications
- Middleware platforms for location/context-dependent services
- Location and Visualization
- Security and Privacy Vulnerabilities of Location Aware Services, Computing, and Applications
- Privacy Concerns and Preservation in Location based Systems and Applications
You are invited to submit original and unpublished research works on above and other topics related to location-based services and applications in Ubiquitous Computing. Submitted papers must not have been published or simultaneously submitted elsewhere until it appears in HPCS proceedings, in the case of acceptance, or notified otherwise. Submission can be for
- Regular papers, please submit a PDF copy of your full manuscript, not to exceed 8 double-column formatted pages per template, and include up to 6 keywords and an abstract of no more than 400 words. Additional pages will be charged additional fee. Submission should include a cover page with authors' names, affiliation addresses, fax numbers, phone numbers, and all authors email addresses. Please, indicate clearly the corresponding author(s) although all authors are equally responsible for the manuscript.
- Short papers (up to 4 pages), please submit a PDF copy of your full manuscript, not to exceed 4 double-column formatted pages per template, and include up to 6 keywords and an abstract of no more than 400 words. Additional pages will be charged additional fee. Submission should include a cover page with authors' names, affiliation addresses, fax numbers, phone numbers, and all authors email addresses. Please, indicate clearly the corresponding author(s) although all authors are equally responsible for the manuscript.
- Poster papers and Posters (please refer to http://hpcs2019.cisedu.info/1-call-for-papers-and-participation/call-for-posters for posters submission details) will also be considered.
Please specify the type of submission you have. Please include page numbers on all preliminary submissions to make it easier for reviewers to provide helpful comments. Submit a PDF copy of your full manuscript to the Workshop paper submission site at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=lsauc2019. Acknowledgement will be sent within 48 hours of submission.
Accepted papers will be published in the Conference proceedings. Instructions for final manuscript format and requirements will be posted on the HPCS 2019 Conference web site. It is our intent to have the proceedings formally published in hard and soft copies and be available at the time of the conference. The proceedings is projected to be included in the IEEE or ACM Digital Library and indexed in all major indexing services accordingly.
Plans are underway to have the best papers, in extended version, selected for possible publication in a reputable journal as special issue. Detailed information will soon be announced and will be made available on the conference website.