Digithum 2010 : THE HUMANITIES IN THE DIGITAL AGE
Call For Papers
THE HUMANITIES IN THE DIGITAL AGE
Call for articles
(Issue 12, May 2010)
Digithum has opened the call for articles for issue 12, scheduled for May 2010.
Articles should focus on one of the areas that the journal specialises in, as follows:
• The knowledge society: analysis of the transformations in the objects for study in the humanities and social sciences in the digital age.
• The repercussions of the information and communication technologies (ICTs) in studying, teaching and disseminating the humanities and social sciences.
• The application of ICTs in studying, teaching and disseminating the humanities and social sciences.
More information: http://www.uoc.edu/ojs/index.php/digithum/about/editorialPolicies
Deadline: 15 March 2010
Submission and publication guidelines
Articles should not exceed 3,500 words and must contain the following information:
• Abstract (200 words) with the essential features and results of the work
• Keywords (4 to 6)
• The body of the text, structured into sections and sub-sections
• Author details (name and surname, professional affiliation, professional postal address, electronic address)
• Brief CV (100-200 words) and photograph
Articles can be written in Catalan, English or Spanish.
You can find more information in the journal’s author guidelines (http://www.uoc.edu/ojs/index.php/digithum/about/submissions#authorGuidelines).
You need to register as an author on the journal’s website in order to be able to submit work (http://www.uoc.edu/ojs/index.php/digithum/user/register). Once registered, enter the username and password you receive during the registration process to begin the submission process. In Step 1, select the Miscellany section, and accept the prior conditions for submission and copyright. In Step 2, enter the metadata (title, abstract, keywords). In Step 3, attach the original. You can leave Step 4 empty if there are no more files, but you need to go on to Step 5 to complete the process.
The articles selected by the editors will be reviewed before publication by at least two members of the Editorial Board or renowned experts in the field chosen by the editors.
Digithum is the open-access scientific e-journal produced by the Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (Open University of Catalonia, UOC) Arts and Humanities Department each year in May.
This journal is listed in the sector’s leading scientific journal impact and assessment databases:
• MIAR (ICDS: 4.041)
Database identifying and assessing citing of humanities and social sciences journals
• Carhus Plus +
System classifying scientific journals from the Catalan government's University and Research Grant Management Agency
• MLA – Modern Language Association International Bibliography
A subject index for books and articles published on modern languages, literatures, folklore, and linguistics
Portal classifying Spanish humanities and social sciences journals
• Latíndex (catalogue)
Regional online information system for scientific journals in Latin America, the Caribbean, Spain and Portugal
Network of scientific journals in Latin America, the Caribbean, Spain and Portugal
Database of Spanish and Latin American scientific journals (CINDOC-CSIC)
Directory of Open Access Journals (Lund University Libraries)
• Ulrich's periodicals directory
Reference source for the world's periodical publications
Portal to disseminate Ibero-American scientific production from the University of La Rioja
More information on indexing: