BDAA 2019 : The 6th International Symposium on Big Data Principles, Architectures & Applications
Call For Papers
SCOPE AND OBJECTIVES
The challenge of “Big Data” continues to grow and is an active area of significant research. This track focuses on techniques, experiences, applications, and lessons learned for large-scale/big data science, data intensive, and data analytics, particularly in the realms of high performance computing that lead organizations through major transformations.
The symposium is to address, explore and exchange information on the state-of-the-art and practice in the broad multidisciplinary field of Big Data Science. Participation is extended to researchers, designers, educators and interested parties in all disciplines and specialties.
The symposium aims at providing a forum to bring together researchers and scientists to share and exchange big data related research, technologies, experiences, and lessons for building various types large-scale data intensive and data analytics, with interoperability and coordination capabilities in a high performance and high availability setting.
This symposium solicits contributions that address contemporary and future challenges in big data Science, data analytics, and Data Intensive, particularly in collaboration systems, social networks and media, and information technologies.
BDAA topics include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Theories and Methodologies for Big Data processing
- Architectures, Frameworks and Design of Big Data processing systems
- Distributed data-intensive computing systems
- Managing large-scale big data platforms
- Use of big data technologies for science (Hadoop, NoSQL/NewSQL, etc.)
- Big data simulation, visualization, modeling tools, and algorithms
- Big data intelligence and predictive analysis
- (Analysis of dynamic data, such as those collected through sensors, etc.)
- Discovery, Collection, and Extraction of information in Big Data sources
- Processing of Big Data Streaming
- Big Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery
- Data Analytics techniques and solutions
- Visualization of Big Data and Data Analytics
- Applications using big data (WEB, Bio-Data, Industrial Data, etc.)
- Big data business implications – Data culture
- Experiences, Case Studies and Lessons Learned
You are invited to submit original and unpublished research works on above and other topics related to Big Data Principles, Architectures & Applications for High Performance Computing Systems. Submitted papers must not have been published or simultaneously submitted elsewhere until it appears in HPCS proceedings, in the case of acceptance, or notified otherwise. Submission can be for
- Regular papers, please submit a PDF copy of your full manuscript, not to exceed 8 double-column formatted pages per template, and include up to 6 keywords and an abstract of no more than 400 words. Additional pages will be charged additional fee. Submission should include a cover page with authors' names, affiliation addresses, fax numbers, phone numbers, and all authors email addresses. Please, indicate clearly the corresponding author(s) although all authors are equally responsible for the manuscript.
- Short papers (up to 4 pages), please submit a PDF copy of your full manuscript, not to exceed 4 double-column formatted pages per template, and include up to 6 keywords and an abstract of no more than 400 words. Additional pages will be charged additional fee. Submission should include a cover page with authors' names, affiliation addresses, fax numbers, phone numbers, and all authors email addresses. Please, indicate clearly the corresponding author(s) although all authors are equally responsible for the manuscript.
- Poster papers and Posters (please refer to http://hpcs2019.cisedu.info/1-call-for-papers-and-participation/call-for-posters for posters submission details) will also be considered.
Please specify the type of submission you have. Please include page numbers on all preliminary submissions to make it easier for reviewers to provide helpful comments.
Submit a PDF copy of your full manuscript to the symposium paper submission site at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=bdaa2019 . Acknowledgement will be sent within 48 hours of submission.
Only PDF files will be accepted, uploaded to the submission link above. Each paper will receive a minimum of three reviews. Papers will be selected based on their originality, relevance, significance, technical clarity and presentation, language, and references. Submission implies the willingness of at least one of the authors to register and present the paper, if accepted. At least one of the authors of each accepted paper will have to register and attend the HPCS 2019 conference to present the paper at the symposium as scheduled. By submitting the paper to the HPCS conference, all authors agree to abide by all HPCS conference paper submission, publication and presentation policies as well as following ethical and professional codes of conduct, including those of the professional co-sponsoring organizations. For more information, please refer to the Authors Info and Registration Info pages.
The symposium policy and professional ethics require that referees treat the contents of papers under review as privileged information not to be disclosed to others before publication. It is expected that no one with access to a manuscript under review will make any inappropriate use of the special knowledge which that access provides.
Accepted papers will be published in the Conference proceedings. Instructions for final manuscript format and requirements will be posted on the HPCS 2019 Conference web site. It is our intent to have the proceedings formally published in hard and soft copies and be available at the time of the conference. The proceedings is projected to be included in the IEEE or ACM Digital Library and indexed in all major indexing services accordingly.
Plans are underway to have the best papers, in extended version, selected for possible publication in a reputable journal as special issue. Detailed information will soon be announced and will be made available on the conference website.
If you have any questions about paper submission or the Symposium, please contact the Symposium organizers.