YSC 2019 : VIII International Young Scientists Conference in Computational Science 2019
Call For Papers
Join us in Heraklion, Greece for Young Scientists Conference in Computational Science 2019 (YSC2019), 24-28 June
University of Crete (UoC), Greece, Foundation for Research and Technology - Hellas (FORTH), Greece, Saint-Petersburg National Research University of InformationTechnologies, Mechanics and Optics (ITMO University), Russia, University of Amsterdam, the Netherlands (UvA), and Consortium of H2020 EU MSCA RISE ProjectReverse Engineering of Social Information Processing - RENOIR announce 2019 International Young Scientists Conference for young researchers and professionals in HPC technologies and computer modeling to take place at University of Crete, Heraklion, Greece
***YSC2019 at a glance
The Conference aims to strengthen the ties between young scientists in different countries, thus promoting future collaboration in the framework of Computational Science and major application aspects of High Performance Computing, Computer Modeling and Simulation to tackle a wide range of issues in science, industry and business. Special topics of the Confence will include also models of opinion dynamics, media science science of science, data mining of social web as well as sentiment analysis.
Simulation and systems thinking is one way to explain the complex world in which we live. By collecting data and creating computer models, scientists can make predictions on critical problems, such as how to influence the flow of traffic, how an epidemic will spread or the probability of individuals in society becoming addicted to drugs. The conference will cover the aspects related to HPC, BigData, large scale simulation of complex systems and offers an ideal range of topics for final year Master’s student or starting PhD students interested in this domain.
Invited lectures will be delivered at the Conference in the framework of a Summer School of H2020 EU MSCA RISE ProjectReverse Engineering of Social Information Processing - RENOIR, www.renoirproject.eu
YSC-2019 invites original contributions on all topics related to High Performance Computing and Simulation, including, but not limited to:
• Modeling and Simulation of Complex Systems
• Advanced Numerical Algorithms
• Problem Solving Environments
• Computational Biomedicine
• Cognitive Sciences
• Visualization, VR & AR in Computational Science
• City Science and Urban Sustainable Development
• Data-intensive Applications
• High Performance Data Analytics and Convergence with HPC
• Parallel and Distributed Computing Architectures and Systems
Submit your paper now to participate in this international, interdisciplinary and intercultural event.
***Key conference events
• Guest lectures of the leading scientists
• Lectures and trainings of experts in the sphere of HPC and computer modeling
• Break-out sessions to present and discuss the scientific papers of the conference participants
• School of RENOIR
***Guest lectures of experts
• Michael Thelwall, University of Wolverhampton
• Curtis Atkisson, University of California at Davis
• Julian Sienkiewicz, Warsaw University of Technology
• Aljoša Rehar, Sebastijan R. Maček, Slovenian Press Agency
• Stanisław Saganowski, Wrocław University of Science and Technology
• Polyvios Pratikakis, University of Crete and Institute of Computer Science (ICS), Foundation of Research and Technology - Hellas (FORTH)
• Christos Kozanitis ,Foundation for Research and Technology - Hellas (FORTH)
• Evangelia Kalligiannaki, Foundation for Research and Technology - Hellas (FORTH)
• Ioannis Pantazis, Foundation for Research and Technology - Hellas (FORTH)
***Requirements for participation
Students of Bachelor, Master and Doctoral programs, young researchers and young experts of the leading academic institutions and industrial organizations are invited to take part in the conference. Selection will be based on the results of the peer-review process.
Foundation for Research and Technology – Hellas (FORTH)
N. Plastira 100VassilikaVouton,
GR-700 13 Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Extended abstract of 2 pages, written in English should be uploaded through Editorial Manager in pdf.
The manuscripts presented in the format of the authentic scientific paper 6-10 pages, written in English and formatted according to the Procedia Computer Science templates should contain statement and solutions (or research) of a specific problem within the limits of the conference subjects. All papers will go through peer-review process. Papers accepted for publication and presented at the conference will be published in the YSC 2019 special issue of Procedia Computer Science.
Besides the applicants who participate in the competitive selection for the conference, coauthors (not necessarily young scientists) are also invited to take part in the event.
After notification of acceptance of your research paper, all YSC 2019 participants are expected to present their research reflected in the papers in the English language in 10-15 minutes’ presentation followed by Q&A session.
Registration fee is 200 Euros
The registration fee includes:
• Access to conference sessions and invited lectures
• Coffee breaks and Welcome Reception
• The right to present an accepted paper
• Publication of accepted paper in Procedia Computer Science Journal (paper should be presented during the conference)
• Certificate for participation
• Cultural event
Accommodation, transportation, visa and other costs are at the expense of participants.
At request the organizers of the conference provide personal Visa Support letter.
If you have any questions concerning the participation in the conference please
contact Dr Alexandra Klimova (firstname.lastname@example.org)