DMAH 2019 : VLDB International Workshop on Data Management and Analytics for Medicine and Healthcare
Call For Papers
Healthcare enterprises are producing large amounts of data through electronic medical records, medical imaging, health insurance claims, surveillance, and others. Such data have high potential to transform current healthcare to improve healthcare quality and prevent diseases, and advance biomedical research. Medical Informatics is an interdisciplinary field that studies and pursues the effective use of medical data, information, and knowledge for scientific inquiry, problem solving and decision making, driven by efforts to improve human health and well being.
The goal of the workshop is to bring people in the field cross-cutting information management and medical informatics to discuss innovative data management and analytics technologies highlighting end-to-end applications, systems, and methods to address problems in healthcare, public health, and everyday wellness, with clinical, physiological, imaging, behavioral, environmental, and omic - data, and data from social media and the Web. It will provide a unique opportunity for interaction between information management researchers and biomedical researchers for the interdisciplinary field.
All papers must be original and not simultaneously submitted to another journal or conference. The following paper categories are welcome:
• Regular Research Papers: These papers should report original research results or significant case studies. They should be at most 18 pages.
• Short Papers: These papers may summarise work-in-progress or extensions to previous research papers. They should be at most 6 pages.
• Extended Abstracts. The extended abstracts will present novel research directions or identify challenging problems. They should be at most 2 pages.
Please format your paper based on Springer LNCS template.
To submit a paper, go to the DMAH2019 submission system (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=dmah2019 ). Only papers submitted via the DMAH2019 submission system will be considered for review.
List of Topics
This workshop welcomes papers that address fundamental research issues for complex medical data environments, data management and analytical methods, systems and applications. A number of invited papers will also be solicited.
Topics of interest include, but not limited to:
• Big data management for medical data;
• Blockchain for healthcare;
• Biomedical data integration;
• Biomedical knowledge management and decision support;
• Semantics and interoperability for healthcare data;
• Clinical natural language processing and text mining;
• Predictive modelling for diagnosis and treatment;
• Visual analytics for medical data;
• Medical image analytics;
• Data privacy and security for healthcare data;
• Hospital readmission analytics;
• Medical fraud detection;
• Social media and Web data analytics for public health (public health 2.0);
• Data analytics for pervasive computing for medical care.
• Jesús B. Alonso-Hernández, Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain
• Edmon Begoli, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, USA
• Thomas Brettin, Argonne National Laboratory, USA
• J. Blair Christian, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, USA
• Carlo Combi, University of Verona, Italy
• Kerstin Denecke, Bern University of Applied Sciences, Switzerland
• Dejing Dou, University of Oregon, USA
• Peter Elkin, University at Buffalo, USA
• Vijay Gadapally, MIT Lincoln Labs/CSAL, USA
• Zhe He, Florida State University, USA
• Guoqian Jiang, Mayo Clinic, USA
• Jun Kong, Georgia State University, USA
• Tahsin Kurc, Stony Brook University, USA
• Ulf Leser, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Germany
• Fernando Martin-Sanchez, Weill Cornell Medicine
• Wolfgang Mueller, Heidelberg Institute for Theoretical Studies, Germany
• Casey Overby, Johns Hopkins University, USA
• Hua Xu, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, USA
• Fusheng Wang, Stony Brook University, USA
• Gang Luo, University of Washington, USA
• Yanhui Liang, Google Inc., USA
• Alevtina Dubovitskaya, Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts; Swisscom, Switzerland
DMAH2019 accepted papers will be published as a workshop proceedings by Springer LNCS
All questions about submissions should be emailed to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org