Student Workshop at GECCO 2019 : Student Workshop at Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference 2019
Call For Papers
The student workshop at GECCO (Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference) 2019 aims to provide a platform for graduate and undergraduate students to present their research on the topic at GECCO in Prague, Czech Republic. This multi-session workshop supports students with their scientific work and facilitates their inclusion in the research community.
At the workshop, students receive valuable feedback on the quality of their work and their presentation style. This is assured by constructive discussions after each talk led by a mentor panel of established researchers. Students are encouraged to use this opportunity for guidance on future research directions.
In addition, we provide opportunities to:
* present the work to the whole conference audience at the poster session,
* receive a best paper award, and,
* network and discuss ideas during and after the workshop.
This call is open to all papers mainly authored by students (Bachelor, Master or PhD) and covering topics related to genetic and evolutionary computation, for example related to any of the GECCO 2019 tracks:
* Ant Colony Optimisation and Swarm Intelligence
* Complex Systems
* Digital Entertainment Technologies and Arts
* Evolutionary Combinatorial Optimisation and Metaheuristics
* Evolutionary Machine Learning
* Evolutionary Multiobjective Optimisation
* Evolutionary Numerical Optimisation
* Genetic Algorithms
* General Evolutionary Computation and Hybrids
* Genetic Programming
* Real World Applications
* Search-Based Software Engineering
We hope that the variety of covered topics will catch the attention of a wide range of GECCO attendees, who will learn about fresh research ideas and meet young researchers with related interests. Even when not submitting or presenting, students are encouraged to attend the workshop to learn of and from the work of their colleagues and broaden their (scientific) horizons.
... so, submit your work / encourage your students to do so!
* Workshop submission deadline: April 3, 2019
* Decision notification: April 17, 2019
* Camera-ready submission: April 24, 2019
Detailed submission instructions will be available in due time at
Your submission of up to 4 pages is required to contain previously unpublished work. The student(s) is/are not required to be the sole author(s), but, since this is an educational event, they must be the main contributor(s) as well as first and corresponding author(s) of the paper. The student(s) are also expected to present at the workshop. Therefore, please make sure to check your funding options for the registration fee and travelling costs before submission!
Your contribution should be formatted according to the ACM Guidelines (https://gecco-2019.sigevo.org/index.html/Papers+Submission+Instructions), in PDF format, and not exceed 4 pages, as opposed to the regular full papers. Workshop papers will be published in the GECCO Companion Proceedings.
General information on GECCO workshops can be found at
For more details on the student workshop in particular as well as up-to-date news, please visit our workshop web site at
or follow us on twitter: https://twitter.com/GECCOsws
* Youhei Akimoto (University of Tsukuba, Japan)
* Christine Zarges (Aberystwyth University, Wales, United Kingdom)