ICSS 2019 : 2019 INFORMS Conference on Service Science (ICSS)
Call For Papers
June 27-29, 2019, Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Nanjing is the capital of Jiangsu province and the second largest city in eastern China (after Shanghai), with an administrative area of 6,600 km2 and a total population of over 8 millions as of 2017. The city whose name means ‘‘Southern Capital’’ has a prominent place in Chinese history and culture, having served as the capitals of various Chinese dynasties, kingdoms and republican governments dating from the 3rd century to 1949. Nanjing is one of the most beautiful cities of mainland China with lush green parks, natural scenic lakes, small mountains, historical buildings and monuments, relics and much more, which attracts thousands of tourists every year. Welcome to Nanjing!
Conference Scope and Theme
2019 INFORMS Conference on Service Science (ICSS2019) program committee is committed to organizing a quality program with diverse participants sharing their vision, knowledge and experience in Service Science Research, Education, and Applications. The conference theme is Smart Service Systems, Operations Management, and Analytics.
This conference presents excellent opportunities for you to present your Service Science related research, education, and implementation work, to learn about the emerging technology and applications, and to network with international leaders of the profession in the field. We invite you to submit a paper.
Invited Keynote and Plenary Speakers:
• Prof. Alexandra Medina-Borja, NSF, USA
• Prof. Michael Pinedo, NYU Stern, USA
• Prof. Christoph Heitz, President of Swiss Alliance for Data-Intensive Services, Switzerland
• Prof. Saif Benjaafar, EIC of Service Science, University of Minnesota, USA;
• Prof. Janis Terpenny, Penn State, USA
• Prof. Paul Messinger, University of Alberta, Canada
• Prof. Kwang-Jae Kim, POSTECH, Korea
• Dr. Jin Dong, IBM Research - Beijing, China
• Prof. Grace Lin, Vice President of Asia University, Taiwan
• Dr. Aly Megahed, IBM Research - Almaden, USA
• Prof. Hui Yang, Penn State, USA
• Dr. Fiona Jamison, CEO, Spring International, USA
• Prof. Zhongsheng Hua, Zhejiang University, China
Paper or Abstract Submission/Areas of Interest
Papers or abstracts are welcome in any area of Service Science Research, Education, and Applications including but not limited to:
• Service Theories and Development
• Service Research, Education, and Practice
• Service Management, Operations, Engineering, Design, and Marketing
• Service Systems, Modeling, and Simulation
• Smart Cities, Sustainable Systems, Healthcare and IT Analytics, and Self-service Systems
• Big Data, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence in Service
• Analytics and Applications in Healthcare, Education, Energy, Finance, Information Technology, Transportation, Sports, Logistics, and Public Services
Submission & Publication
Abstracts (from a new or published study) are welcome. Regular papers must be written in English, be at most eight pages long (including figures, tables, and references), formatted in ICSS proceedings paper format and submitted as a word or PDF file through the conference website: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=css2019. All paper submissions are peer reviewed. Accepted full papers will be published in the conference proceedings by Springer. A list of selected papers will be invited to submit to special issues of scholarly archived and indexed journals.
The conference will organize (1) Best Student and (2) Best Service Science paper awards competitions. Please indicate which category competition your paper would like to be considered when you have your paper submitted.
• March 1, 2019 Deadline for submission of full ()5 pages) or short (4 or 5 pages) papers (abstracts are still welcome)
• May 1, 2019 Acceptance/Rejection notification
• June 1, 2019 Final camera-ready papers and copyright transfer forms
Invited/Special Session Inquiry
If you are interested in organizing an invited/special cluster or session, please contact invited/special cluster/session co-chairs: Xiao Liu, firstname.lastname@example.org; Qiang Duan, email@example.com
General Information and Inquiry
General Inquiry, firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about submissions should be emailed to Prof. Weiwei Chen, email@example.com