PMECT 2019 : The 13th IEEE International Symposium on Performance Modeling and Evaluation of Communication and Telecommunication Networks in Adaptive Networks and The Cloud
Call For Papers
The continuing convergence of wired/wireless networks present a requirement for an active research community to develop and make use of effective performance evaluation tools, techniques and methodologies in the design of new protocols and robust solutions. As a result, performance modelling and evaluation continues to gain increasing importance.
Wired/wireless networks, and the wider Internet, are in a state of evolution as a new generation of Internet of Things (IoT) devices are being designed, implemented and deployed. This presents novel challenges for performance modelling in terms of the resultant effect on network traffic patterns and emergent behaviours from the predicted billions of new devices, as they require a rapid expansion in terms of network scale.
Furthermore, recent trends in the increased virtualisation of network elements/resources are being driven by work in the areas of Software Defined Networks (SDN), Network Function Virtualisation (NFV), and Cloud Computing. The move from hardware to software based network devices and processes presents a challenge in terms of understanding and assuring the performance properties of such systems.
The purpose of this symposium is to provide an international forum for researchers and industry practitioners to present state-of-the-art research on performance modelling and evaluation studies in all aspects of computer and telecommunication networks and to exchange ideas and explore new avenues of collaborations.
FiCloud is technically co-sponsored by the IEEE Computer Society. The Proceedings of FiCloud 2016 has already been accepted in the IEEE Conference Publication Program.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
• Performance modeling of IoT based systems and protocols
• Performance modeling of factors relating to the virtualisation of networks (Software Defined Networks, Network Function Virtualisation, Cloud Computing, etc.)
• Energy model of wireless networks and protocols
• Performance modeling of TCP/IP, wireless TCP, wireless IP computer networks
• Performance modeling and analysis with reliability, accuracy, Quality of Service (QoS) attributes in various software and/or system environments
• Performance prediction and/or performance guarantees in heterogeneous networks.
• Performance-oriented design and analysis methods
• Performance measurements in real testbed environments
• The effect on performance of admission control and congestion control protocols
• Performance modeling of Security Protocol and System in low layers and high layers
• Performance issues in Wireless Video, Wireless Multimedia, Wireless Streaming
• Performance engineering tools, e.g. for tracing and workload characterisation
• Traffic characterisation for wired and wireless networks
• Performance modeling with Quality of Service provisioning in wired and wireless networks
• Performance modeling of Routing Algorithms, multicast routing in wireless networks
• Performance analysis and modeling of security techniques and methods for heterogeneous wired/wireless networks