ISSR 2019 : The 11th International Workshop on Security in e-Science and e-Research
Call For Papers
ISSR 2019 || CALL FOR PAPERS
The 11th International Workshop on Security in e-Science and e-Research (ISSR 2019)
July 14-17, 2019, Atlanta, USA
In conjunction with SpaCCS 2019 [http://cse.stfx.ca/~cybermatics/2019/]
Georgia State University, Atlanta, USA
Hunan University of Science and Technology, Xiangtan, China
Venue & Dates:
Atlanta, USA, July 14-17, 2019
Proceedings & Special Issues:
All accepted papers will be published in the workshop proceedings of SpaCCS 2019, by the Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS).
Distinguished papers, after further revisions, will be published in SCI & EI indexed special issues (confirmed):
(1) Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience - Wiley (SCI&EI Indexed, Impact Factor: 1.114)
Welcome to participate in ISSR 2019, Atlanta, USA, July 14-17, 2019! E-Science and e-Research, through the development of Cloud Computing, Internet of Things (IoT), and Big Data Infrastructures, can be used to support a wide range of research disciplines and inter-disciplinary research. In recent years, the influence of e-Science and e-Research has grown considerably and their scope of applications now covers many research domains, from science and engineering disciplines such as physical, biological, clinical sciences and so on, to the arts and humanities and social sciences. Supporting e-Science and e-Research often places numerous demands on capabilities associated with Cloud, IoT, and Big Data Infrastructures. One key challenge is with regard to security. Security technologies must support a variety of user requirements and provider requirements such as authentication, authorization, trust, privacy, policy management, and information assurance, all in a user and provider friendly framework. Many e-Science and e-Research projects have developed distinctive security analyses, requirements, and technical solutions for a variety of applications.
Following the success of ISSR-18 (held in Guangzhou, China, in conjunction with SpaCCS 2018), ISSR-17 (held in Guangzhou, China, in conjunction with SpaCCS 2017), ISSR-16 (held in Zhangjiajie, China, in conjunction with SpaCCS 2016), ISSR-15 (held in Columbus, USA, in conjunction with IEEE ICDCS-15), ISSR-14 (held in Vasteras, Sweden, in conjunction with IEEE COMPSAC-14), ISSR-13 (held in Melbourne, Australia, in conjunction with IEEE TrustCom-13), ISSR-12 (held in Liverpool, UK, in conjunction with IEEE TrustCom-12), ISSR-11 (held in Changsha, China, in conjunction with IEEE TrustCom-11), ISSR-10 (held in Taipei, Taiwan, in conjunction with IEEE ISPA-10) and ISSR-09 (held in Chengdu, China, in conjunction with IEEE ISPA-09), the workshop intends to provide a forum for researchers, developers and users working on security issues associated with e-Science and e-Research to exchange ideas and share experiences.
The workshop has an emphasis on establishing a state-of-the-art for security in e-Science and e-Research, identifying challenges and discussing solutions for successfully enabling security for e-Science and e-Research. The workshop program will be a blend of presentations of research papers, and discussions about the current status, emergent areas, and trends on security-related issues in e-Science and e-Research.
SCOPE AND INTERESTS
ISSR 2019 will focus on emerging ideas and trends, algorithms and applications, systems design techniques, platforms, and tools, as well as measurement assessment tools in all aspects of related to security in e-Science and e-Research, which include but are not limited to the following list:
• Eliciting security requirements for e-Science & e-Research applications as well as Cloud, IoT, and Big Data Infrastructures
• Analysis of security challenges, threats, risk and issues in e-Science & e-Research as well as Cloud, IoT, and Big Data
• Infrastructures Security architectures, frameworks, and infrastructures for Cloud, IoT, and Big Data and their applications on e-Science & e-Research
• Models and techniques for authentication and identity management in Cloud, IoT, and Big Data Infrastructures
• Models and techniques for authorization and access control inCloud, IoT, and Big Data Infrastructures
• Trust model and management for Cloud, IoT, and Big Data Infrastructures
• Privacy mechanisms and management for Cloud, IoT, and Big Data Infrastructures
• Policy models and policy management in Cloud, IoT, and Big Data Infrastructures
• Information assurance for e-Science & e-Research applications
• Model and frameworks for security-driven workflows in Cloud, IoT, and Big Data Infrastructures
• Network security and privacy mechanisms for Cloud, IoT, and Big Data contexts
• Security for Cloud, IoT, and Big Data programming models
• User-driven security models for e-Science & e-Research
• Software engineering best practice in the development of Cloud, IoT, and Big Data security infrastructures
• Experiences and case studies on the practical applications of security models and solutions in e-Science & e-Research
SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION INFORMATION
All papers in PDF format need to be submitted electronically through the ISSR 2019 submission page on the EasyChair website (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=issr2019)
Submitted papers must not substantially overlap with papers that have been published or that are simultaneously submitted to a journal or a conference with proceedings. Papers must be clearly presented in English, must not exceed 10 pages in Springer LNCS format (or up to 14 pages with the pages over length charge), including tables, figures, references, and appendices, in Springer LNCS Format with PDF. All papers will be carefully reviewed by at least two reviewers.
** All accepted papers will be published in the workshop proceedings of SpaCCS 2019, by the Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS).
** Distinguished papers, after further revisions, will have the chance to publish in certain SCI&EI-indexed journals’ Special Issues.
** At least one of the authors of each accepted paper must register as a participant of the workshop and present the paper at the workshop, in order to have the paper published in the proceedings.
• Paper Submission Deadline: April 14, 2019
• Author Notification: May 12, 2019
• Camera-Ready Paper: June 02, 2019
• Conference Dates: July 14-17, 2019
Shaobo Zhang, Hunan University of Science and Technology, China
Alinani Karim, Hunan University of Science and Technology, China
Wanlei Zhou, Deakin University, Australia
Indrakshi Ray, Colorado State University, USA
Thomas Tan, Edinburgh Napier University, United Kingdom
Yang Xu, Central South University, China
PROGRAM COMMITTEE MEMBERS
(Please refer to the ISSR2019 website:
Guojun Wang, Guangzhou University, China (Chair)
Wei Jie, University of West London, UK (Chair)
Aniello Castiglione, University of Salerno, Italy
Liang Chen, University of West London, UK
Kim-Kwang Raymond Choo, University of Texas at San Antonio, USA
Scott Fowler, Linkoping University, Sweden
Jiankun Hu, UNSW Canberra (Australian Defence Force Academy), Australia
Georgios Kambourakis, University of the Aegean, Samos, Greece
Peter Komisarczuk, Royal Holloway, University of London, UK
Gregorio Martinez, University of Murcia, Spain
Kouichi Sakurai, Kyushu University, Japan
Sabu M. Thampi, Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management, India
Lizhe Wang, China University of Geosciences, China
Carlos Becker Westphall, Federal University of Santa Catarina, Brazil
Jeff Yan, Lancaster University, UK
Deqing Zou, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China
Please email inquiries concerning ISSR 2019 to:
Dr. Karim Alinani: karimalinani AT gmail DOT com and the conference organizers (issr AT hnust DOT edu DOT cn).